My email address disappeared

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
caillines

My email address disappeared

Post by caillines »

Here's an odd one.

Tried to use "Send a message" today, and it said that you need an email address attached to your account to use that feature.
Upon investigation, it looks like my email has been removed from my member profile in LCR, but still shows in the contact information section on https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/.

Is this some kind of whacky bug? Did my ward clerk go rogue?

Unfortunately as Stake Exec Sec I can't really do any testing with it to see if there is a fix, so I'm hoping other people might know what is going on.
noemail.png
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: My email address disappeared

Post by russellhltn »

I'd try using incognito mode to make sure this isn't some cookie buildup silliness.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
caillines

Post by caillines »

russellhltn wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:00 pm I'd try using incognito mode to make sure this isn't some cookie buildup silliness.
No luck unfortunately. I'll give it a few days and then will likely get the clerk to manually add it back (as nice as it would be to not have people contact me for church things).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

caillines wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:44 pm Upon investigation, it looks like my email has been removed from my member profile in LCR, but still shows in the contact information section on https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/.
What does it show in the online Ward Directory? You should be able to update that if it's missing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
caillines

Post by caillines »

russellhltn wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:58 pm
caillines wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:44 pm Upon investigation, it looks like my email has been removed from my member profile in LCR, but still shows in the contact information section on https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/.
What does it show in the online Ward Directory? You should be able to update that if it's missing.
Was missing in the directory too. I added it there and it looks like it's populated across the various systems.
Thanks for the suggestion. Very strange that it happened though.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

caillines wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:05 pm
Was missing in the directory too. I added it there and it looks like it's populated across the various systems.
Looking at the logs it says that it was deleted thru member tools.
caillines

Post by caillines »

jonesrk wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:32 am
caillines wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:05 pm

Looking at the logs it says that it was deleted thru member tools.
Thanks for looking into that. I can't remember doing it, but maybe I miss-clicked.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”