Notes Title not working...

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
megancatrionarobertson

Notes Title not working...

Post by megancatrionarobertson »

When making notes, I have been using the optional title field to indicate what the note is about. As I read the scriptures one chapter a day, the title is normally the chapter, e.g., Zechariah 04. As I'm on the 2nd time around using the notes to record my observations, most chapters already have a note so I add to it...

But I've just reached a point where there is a gap (I was on holiday without access to the internet, so read a 'dead tree' copy of the scriptures) so I am making new notes for those chapters...

... and although the Title field is there, I cannot type into it!!!

What am I doing wrong? Is there a trick I've missed?

Would appreciate any help.... I'm autistic and it really annoys me not to have those titles!

Praise God for all the wonders of the world!

Megan
mevans

Re: Notes Title not working...

Post by mevans »

Where is the Title field not working?
First of all, are you using the web app, or an iOS or Andrioid mobile app? (Or the Windows app if that still works.)

If you're using the web app: When studying the scriptures or other online content, you can highlight passages there and type notes inline. There's also an option to review your notes from the Notes page (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/notes). Which are you using? That will help us help you better figure out what's wrong.

Also, let us know which web browser and platform you're using. (Note: I'm usually on a Mac when doing gospel study and years ago gave up using Safari for Gospel Library content...there were too many problems with using it. Chrome usually works pretty well for me. But I know some Mac people are Apple purists and don't want to use anything besides Safari.)

I don't use the Title field that often, but I do use it, and I haven't had problems with it. Hopefully, we can help you figure out what's happening.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”