Temple Recommend - digital device scanning at temple?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
davesudweeks

Re: Temple Recommend - digital device scanning at temple?

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:40 pm I'd suggest airplane mode and making sure WiFi is off. It can't alert on what it can't receive.
This is what I do - very easy to drop it into airplane mode before putting it in the locker when changing my clothes. I see quite a few folks with smart watches on - have wondered if these emergency alerts show up on those devices and if they can be set to silent (I don't own a smart watch but have considered it).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:46 pm I see quite a few folks with smart watches on - have wondered if these emergency alerts show up on those devices and if they can be set to silent (I don't own a smart watch but have considered it).
It probably depends on the watch. Some only talk by Bluetooth to the phone. Others are capable of having their own connection to the cell towers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I put my phone on airplane mode, rather than just do not disturb. That way the phone does not spend all day trying to find a signal and run down my battery in the process.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”