Meetinghouse locator issues

Discussions about other Church websites
johnfieldingkunz

Meetinghouse locator issues

Post by johnfieldingkunz »

On the church website when I use the meetinghouse locator function, it says under the bishops name “Send a Message is unavailable”. Why does it say this? It seems like before they have the bishops cell phone number so that a member or nonmember can call the bishop if they need to. Why don’t they have that? Can they still add the bishops cell phone number? Who can add the bishops email address and/or cell phone number? Also, who can change the time that sacrament meeting starts at? Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_5590.jpeg
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Meetinghouse locator issues

Post by russellhltn »

That bishop is probably missing an email in a critical spot as it seems to only affect that ward.

The locator used to provide phone numbers. We don't know why it was removed, but it's likely because of kind kind of abuse.

The ward clerk can update the meeting times in LCR.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Looking in CDOL (Church Directory of Leaders), I verified that Bishop does not have any email listed (although his counselors and clerks all do). I'm always a bit surprised this scenario exists (I've seen it a few times before for other Bishops I've looked up via CDOL), as it seems the Church would want to ensure that any process using CDOL info, is successful. I know CDOL exists somewhat independent of a member's church record, so I suspect the Bishop probably has a valid email in his member record, but it's not showing in CDOL.
johnfieldingkunz

Post by johnfieldingkunz »

Who can add an email address in CDOL and how can they do it?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

johnfieldingkunz wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm Who can add an email address in CDOL and how can they do it?
Per this post and thread Re: CDOL home address different from membership record, it seems the current official way to do this is to call GSC. There's an ongoing transition from an older to a newer version of CDOL, and there's still some manual syncing of data required for now.

Return to “Other Websites”