Latency between missionaries' PMG app and the Covenant Path Progress report on the Tools app?

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
unklethan

Latency between missionaries' PMG app and the Covenant Path Progress report on the Tools app?

Post by unklethan »

I'm a High Councilor assigned over missionary work in our stake, and I've recently found that the information we have in the Covenant Path progress report in Member Tools does not match what the missionaries are putting into their Preach My Gospel (Area Book) app.

Lessons they've taught aren't showing up marked on my end, friends they've stopped teaching have stayed on my list, friends they've started teaching aren't showing up on my list.

I've synced and refreshed recently. I've also found that the same report in LCR has slightly more up-to-date info than the app does.

Is this just a latency issue?

Thanks.
Cmanrogers

Re: Latency between missionaries' PMG app and the Covenant Path Progress report on the Tools app?

Post by Cmanrogers »

The missionaries also need to sync in their app, though I imagine that's done regularly so both companions have the same info.
Christian Rogers
BrianEdwards

Re: Latency between missionaries' PMG app and the Covenant Path Progress report on the Tools app?

Post by BrianEdwards »

unklethan wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:07 am I'm a High Councilor assigned over missionary work in our stake, and I've recently found that the information we have in the Covenant Path progress report in Member Tools does not match what the missionaries are putting into their Preach My Gospel (Area Book) app.

Lessons they've taught aren't showing up marked on my end, friends they've stopped teaching have stayed on my list, friends they've started teaching aren't showing up on my list.

I've synced and refreshed recently. I've also found that the same report in LCR has slightly more up-to-date info than the app does.

Is this just a latency issue?

Thanks.
It might be helpful to verify if the local Ward Mission Leader sees exactly the same as you. If so, then it would seem to be a generalized sync issue. If he sees everything correctly, then it might be specific to you. And if he sees a different variation of correct and incorrect data than what you see, then that's another issue...

In the meantime, you could also try a full uninstall/reinstall of Tools. I have found that sometimes this was required to get data into my Tools app that simply wouldn't appear otherwise (members moved in, etc).

Return to “Member Tools”