Ability to see own status of Youth Protection training

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
DavidCarrollSmith1953

Re: Ability to see own status of Youth Protection training

Post by DavidCarrollSmith1953 »

I have a bus. I drive for other wards and stakes. I need to be able to show Youth Protection when asked. In the Boy Scouting Program, I am able to look up all of my own trainings. (Safe Boating, Hiking, Hazardous Weather, Safe Swimming, and so on.) I am able to print out of my training certificates with the dates taken and expiration dates. I am now in a new ward without a current calling that requires Church Youth Protection.

How do I Show my unexpired church youth protect to those other stake and ward leaders?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

DavidCarrollSmith1953 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:41 am I have a bus. I drive for other wards and stakes. I need to be able to show Youth Protection when asked. In the Boy Scouting Program, I am able to look up all of my own trainings. (Safe Boating, Hiking, Hazardous Weather, Safe Swimming, and so on.) I am able to print out of my training certificates with the dates taken and expiration dates. I am now in a new ward without a current calling that requires Church Youth Protection.

How do I Show my unexpired church youth protect to those other stake and ward leaders?
The last time I took the training, I was given the option to download or print a certificate. I don't know if you can do so after exiting the training. If not, you may need to take it again to get the certificate - fortunately retaking it is not terribly time consuming. If I needed a certificate, I would just retake it to get one. I think your bishop and clerk can see training status (likely not a certificate) and they may be able to provide something you could use.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I just re-took the training myself on my phone (via the website, not Tools or GL), it states it will take 30 minutes, and was a bit under that. At the end, no certificate was available. But I did get an email immediately upon finishing, which I suppose one could print out and use for verification.

The email states my training is good for 3 years, and includes a date-stamp. So that's at least something quasi-official, in lieu of a certificate.

Return to “General Discussions”