Visibility Acknowledgement Statement

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mburtens

Visibility Acknowledgement Statement

Post by mburtens »

I'm a ward clerk. In Tools, when I go to edit a member's information now there is a popup (on Android) where I have to indicate "The member has requested these changes and I have reviewed the visibility acknowledgement statement with them".

Where is that statement? Proceeding with making changes doesn't bring it up... so it's got to be somewhere else. Some searching on the Church website and googling didn't turn anything up.

Thanks for any help.
BrianEdwards

Re: Visibility Acknowledgement Statement

Post by BrianEdwards »

mburtens wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:19 pm I'm a ward clerk. In Tools, when I go to edit a member's information now there is a popup (on Android) where I have to indicate "The member has requested these changes and I have reviewed the visibility acknowledgement statement with them".

Where is that statement? Proceeding with making changes doesn't bring it up... so it's got to be somewhere else. Some searching on the Church website and googling didn't turn anything up.

Thanks for any help.
I'd definitely submit Feedback for that. I expect that this is an incomplete (or in-process) implementation, they hopefully are also going to put in a hyperlink to the statement. As you probably also verified, when I try the same "member edit" process on the church website, I currently don't get a corresponding pop-up, but I do see that via Tools.

As for what doc it's referencing, a possible guess is the following. In Tools under my Profile tile, if I select "Edit Information", a "Information Visibility" page appears. Clicking the "?" icon in the upper-right brings up a "Visibility Descriptions" pop-up, with the date that I "Acknowledged" my visibility settings. On the church website under the Church Account page, I found a similar pop-up titled "Visibility Options" with the same "Acknowledgement" date. Although that doesn't exactly match what this new pop-up describes, it might be what they're referring to. There's a few other places where the Church talks about Digital Contact Information Visibility Settings and such, but they don't seem to be the "statement" the pop-up describes.

Return to “Membership Help”