Sacrament meeting program designs

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Chuckmil

Re: Sacrament meeting program designs

Post by Chuckmil »

We have a question about using the official masthead of the CHurch of J>C of latter Day Saints as it is on this website and everything. I have been told that it is not to be used on weekly ward bulletins and such. It is only for official use as general leaders are to put out. Does anyone want to clarify this? :roll:
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Chuckmil wrote:I have been told that it is not to be used on weekly ward bulletins and such. It is only for official use as general leaders are to put out.
That is correct. Details can be found in Handbook 2: 21.1.10.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
igorgarcia

Post by igorgarcia »

This is in Excell then printer on 11x13 to Trifold program.
Attachments
Sacrament Program Template-Behold the Lamb of God.xlsx
(117.64 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
catherinemurray

Post by catherinemurray »

There is some debate about who gets a sunday programme..some say all members do and others say only the bishopbric ..and members dont need a programmme

Can anyone resolve this
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

A quick look under 29.2.1 - Sacrament Meeting doesn't seem to indicate anything about programs.

However, it does say this:
Announcements. These should be kept to a minimum. Most can be printed, shared electronically, or shared in other meetings.
I can understand wanting to limit printed programs to one per family to minimize costs, but to say it's leadership only seems like it defeats the purpose, in my opinion.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Programs became a problem in our Sacrament meeting. It isn't just the expense. Often announcements are received as I walk up to the stand. "No choir practice today," for example. So it seems you never get them all in before the meeting starts. And there is the "clean up" after the meeting. They get left on benches, on the floor and in hymn books. And, one Sunday, a paper airplane flew from the far north wall to almost the south wall of the chapel! (Most impressive by the way...) We still print an announcement sheet, (not a program. We figure people can look on the stand and figure out who is speaking, and the hymns are posted on the placard in front.) That announcement sheet is handed out in Relief Society/Priesthood, or in the Adult Gospel Doctrine classes. Solved a lot of problems.
Cmanrogers

Post by Cmanrogers »

What I've seen some wards do is place a QR code in the foyer and/or in the Hymnbook slots that links to a digital version of the program. They may also have a limited amount of paper copies for those less familiar with technology.
Christian Rogers
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Cmanrogers wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:36 pm What I've seen some wards do is place a QR code in the foyer and/or in the Hymnbook slots that links to a digital version of the program. They may also have a limited amount of paper copies for those less familiar with technology.
With a QR code you do have to be careful, as someone could tape a new QR code on top of the old one that goes to an unrelated or inappropriate website.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Cmanrogers wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:36 pm What I've seen some wards do is place a QR code in the foyer and/or in the Hymnbook slots that links to a digital version of the program.
I've seen that as well, however I wonder about privacy. That's putting people's names (and sometimes contact information) out on the internet. Once a visitor has a link, they can keep coming back to collect new names without having to re-visit the building.

It wouldn't be so bad if the link changed every week, but I don't think anyone does that.

BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

catherinemurray wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:28 pm There is some debate about who gets a sunday programme..some say all members do and others say only the bishopbric ..and members dont need a programmme. Can anyone resolve this
It sounds like your ward is having a good conversation about this. Using @russellhltn's Handbook references as a starting point, I'd suggest your ward council should determine what is the underlying goal you are trying to resolve. Do leaders feel their members are not receiving needed information if they don't hear or read the sacrament meeting announcements? What is the most effective way for your ward members to receive that information? What information is required to be shared in-person on Sunday, and can that be shared at the beginning of second hour instead of from the pulpit in sacrament meeting, or instead of printed programs? Are printed programs helping a subset of members feel connected when they attend church?

The Handbook provides a lot of flexibility for this specific issue, allowing for different wards to identify what works best for them. But if there's ongoing differences of opinions in your ward, the Bishop will likely have to make a decision based on his own inspiration (GHB 0.4)

Return to “General Discussions”