Problem with LDSAccount

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
User avatar
RetamalesDA
New Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:06 am
Location: Chile, Rancagua

Problem with LDSAccount

#1

Post by RetamalesDA »

I'm trying to change my email address in my LDSAccount, but when the system sends the verification email, the link is missing.

Too I'm helping to my stake president to register an account in LDSAccount, but when the system sends the email to confirm the email adress, the link is missing.

Regards,

Daniel.

(sorry for my english level, my native language is spanish)
crislapi
Senior Member
Posts: 1266
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: USA

#2

Post by crislapi »

RetamalesDA wrote:I'm trying to change my email address in my LDSAccount, but when the system sends the verification email, the link is missing.

Too I'm helping to my stake president to register an account in LDSAccount, but when the system sends the email to confirm the email adress, the link is missing.
I haven't set up an LDSaccount recently, so this may be a new bug. However, I'd first suggest you check the security settings of your email client. It may be removing the link.
russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 31975
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

#3

Post by russellhltn »

I tested it and it seems to work. However the link is very long (2 lines worth) and is likely to be broken by many mail clients.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
User avatar
RetamalesDA
New Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:06 am
Location: Chile, Rancagua

#4

Post by RetamalesDA »

crislapi wrote:I haven't set up an LDSaccount recently, so this may be a new bug. However, I'd first suggest you check the security settings of your email client. It may be removing the link.
The president and I are using gmail, today i'm trying to register another account for the first counselor of the stake presidency, and again when the system sends the confirmation email the link is invalid; the counselor uses gmail service.
Perhaps it is an error only with the gmail service? ...

Someone else has registered a LDSAccount using a gmail account? .....

(again sorry for my english, my native language is spanish)
russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 31975
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

#5

Post by russellhltn »

RetamalesDA wrote:Someone else has registered a LDSAccount using a gmail account? .....
<Raises his hand>
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
User avatar
kd7mha
Member
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: Logan, Utah

#6

Post by kd7mha »

RetamalesDA wrote:The president and I are using gmail, today i'm trying to register another account for the first counselor of the stake presidency, and again when the system sends the confirmation email the link is invalid; the counselor uses gmail service.
Perhaps it is an error only with the gmail service? ...

Someone else has registered a LDSAccount using a gmail account? .....

(again sorry for my english, my native language is spanish)

I helped my wife sign-up recently and had no problems with using a Gmail address.
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
User avatar
RetamalesDA
New Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:06 am
Location: Chile, Rancagua

#7

Post by RetamalesDA »

kd7mha wrote:I helped my wife sign-up recently and had no problems with using a Gmail address.
I get this message from the link ,"The link has expired or is no longer valid."
I sent several mails to the helpdesk, but have not received answers, the stake president either.
zonadp-p40
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:09 pm
Location: sugar city, ID USA

#8

Post by zonadp-p40 »

I am unable to complete my regristration as my e-mail address is wrong and I need to change it
techgy
Community Moderators
Posts: 3183
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: California

#9

Post by techgy »

zonadp wrote:I am unable to complete my regristration as my e-mail address is wrong and I need to change it
You can follow the instruction on THIS page and recover your logon. Check the box that says you don't remember or have an Email address. You will need your membership number and confirmation date.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 8878
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:30 am
Location: USA, TX

#10

Post by jdlessley »

Techgy wrote:You can follow the instruction on THIS page and recover your logon. To do so you will need your membership number and confirmation date.
Will that work when the e-mail address entered into the original registration is no longer a valid e-mail address? Doesn't the last part of registration involve getting a message in which you must click a link to complete the registration process?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?
Post Reply

Return to “Church Account”