LDS Account Sites

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I just checked my new.FamilySearch.org sign in and it does not currently use the LDS Account for this purpose. It uses unique sign in credentials. I tried to find a way to use LDS Account and it was not available.

I suspect that there may be one of three reasons why it does not use LDS Account for sign in. The first is that they have not worked out the issue of giving credentials to non-Church member users of newFamilySearch. The other two least likely reasons are that it has not rolled out to all temple districts or because it is still in beta. It may be a combination of all three reasons.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

zaneclark wrote:Maybe [...] I chose to use my LDS Account credentials as the login.... Does that make sense?
That's probably it.

It may be worth noting in the Wiki that some members may have chosen the same combination to help clear up any confusion that others may have.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I use my LDS Account credentials to login to both LUWS and New FamilySearch..... Maybe NFS has it's own unique login and I chose to use my LDS Account credentials as the login.... Does that make sense?
Nothing would stop you from using the same username and password for LDS Account and nFS. But that doesn't mean they are connected. You could easily test this by changing your LDS Account password, then seeing if you can login to nFS using the new password.

Based on what RussellHltn said, I'm guessing that you won't be able to, but it would be interesting to know for certain.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jdlessley wrote:I suspect that there may be one of three reasons why it does not use LDS Account for sign in. The first is that they have not worked out the issue of giving credentials to non-Church member users of newFamilySearch. The other two least likely reasons are that it has not rolled out to all temple districts or because it is still in beta. It may be a combination of all three reasons.
Access to nFS is limited to church members.
https://new.familysearch.org/en/static/ ... aq0307.htm
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:Access to nFS is limited to church members.
https://new.familysearch.org/en/static/ ... aq0307.htm
Only for now. And I do know of exceptions.

If I were to speculate, I think it has more to do with the fact that nFS couldn't wait for LDS Account. They needed to move ahead without it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”