New submitted event alert

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
wesax-p40

New submitted event alert

Post by wesax-p40 »

Ok I've looked and looked for help on this. I figured I missed something.
When a new event is submitted to the ward calendar can I have it email me, being the website admin, that there is a new event waiting to be approved?

Again sorry if it is obvious and I just missed it somewhere.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wesax wrote:Ok I've looked and looked for help on this. I figured I missed something.
When a new event is submitted to the ward calendar can I have it email me, being the website admin, that there is a new event waiting to be approved?

Again sorry if it is obvious and I just missed it somewhere.
When you are logged into the website as administrator, go to the "Add or Change Administrators" page. You'll see all the administrators listed there. One of them will have the radio button selected for "E-mail notification of submissions". If that's not you, then click the radio button by your name and then click Update.

Then you should start receiving notifications.
wesax-p40

Thanks

Post by wesax-p40 »

I knew I was missing something, Thank You so much
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Alan_Brown wrote:If that's not you, then click the radio button by your name and then click Update.
Just as a note, the system only allows one to be selected. However, I've found that if no one is selected, then all admins get notification email.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:Just as a note, the system only allows one to be selected. However, I've found that if no one is selected, then all admins get notification email.
This is true, but once you select one, you have to keep one. You cannot unselect so that everyone gets the notification again.

Also, the system is not perfect. I only get about 2 out of 3 notifications. The rest I have to discover by logging into the site every few days.
dmaynes

Post by dmaynes »

lajackson wrote:This is true, but once you select one, you have to keep one. You cannot unselect so that everyone gets the notification again.
What happens if you delete the selected administrator? Do all the remaining administrators then begin to receive the notification e-mail?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dmaynes wrote:What happens if you delete the selected administrator? Do all the remaining administrators then begin to receive the notification e-mail?
That's been my experience.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dmaynes wrote:What happens if you delete the selected administrator? Do all the remaining administrators then begin to receive the notification e-mail?
Yes. In fact, using that technique, you can get back to the state where all administrators get e-mail. Just add a new administrator (anyone in the ward or stake will do). Then set them to receive e-mail notifications and save that change. Then remove them as an administrator.

Note, however, that most stakes will have a stake administrator as an administrator for each ward (this is the default behavior of LUWS), and the stake administrators may not appreciate getting all those notifications for a ward. So this technique should only be used when all the administrators really do want to get notified on everything.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

True. However, as Alan said, the stake administrator(s) will also receive the e-mails, so this is not a very good idea.

Remember that a "primary" administrator (the one with the checked box), can always check another administrator's box when he is not going to be available for some time. He can then check his own box again when he returns.

We use this a lot this time of year for vacations, etc. And some wards use it just to share the wealth of experience that comes from being an administrator.
wesax-p40

Multiple Administrators

Post by wesax-p40 »

lajackson wrote:True. However, as Alan said, the stake administrator(s) will also receive the e-mails, so this is not a very good idea.

Remember that a "primary" administrator (the one with the checked box), can always check another administrator's box when he is not going to be available for some time. He can then check his own box again when he returns.

We use this a lot this time of year for vacations, etc. And some wards use it just to share the wealth of experience that comes from being an administrator.

How many administrators does everyone have? Are they all called? I would understand that the Bishop be an administrator and possibly the Ward Clerk. Who else do you have as an administrator, just curious.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”