MLS 3.0 Issue: Other Resources missing

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Greggo wrote:The ward clerk initiated a send/receive and upgraded the MLS version (it said ver 2.9.4 but was actually 3.0). Instead of doing a reboot, he just exited and relaunched MLS (it still came up 2.9.4). At that point he tried to print a PH ordination certificate, but the info didn't filled in. It just printed a blank form.

I suggested he do a reboot and try again. This time 3.0 loaded and the certificates printed fine. No other problems noted.
When MLS is upgraded it
  1. Pops up a message that says a software update is being downloaded, that a reboot is required after the download, and in big bold letters says not to delay the reboot.
  2. At the end of the transmission (after the "Send/Receive was successful" message) another box pops up that says a software has been updated and a reboot is required.
So yeah, it's subtle :D, but I hope no one is surprised when MLS actually requires the reboot it repeatedly said was required.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

PNMarkW2 wrote:Took 10 minutes, no issues, no problems, all is well.
Interesting day. Some of our wards got it in 10 minutes. Some took an hour. Same dialup speed. I wonder what the deal is? I realize that 35 kbps doesn't always mean exactly 35 kbps, but I would not think there would be that much of a variance with the dialup lines.

I wonder if there is some sort of file download taking place for some units but not others?
Jimmer-p40

3.0 update

Post by Jimmer-p40 »

At the end of the week the MLS team was testing some fixes for the up and comming MLS 3.0. On Friday there were multiple version patches that were being implemented for testing. This MLS version was meant for a smaller beta group that was already testing for the MLS team but instead was put out to a larger directory by accident. My ward received this patch as well. Really the search options and some of the callings got changed around but over all this is a good solid build. We should take advantage of this opportunity to help the MLS team and provide some good feedback on this string, or the other string that is talking about it. So lets do what we can to help them. At this point we should just post things that don't seem to be working properly. Try not to put things out that start with "It would be nice if..." The MLS team has been working on this version tirelessly, lets do what we can to help them and take this as an oppertunity to help.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”