The Facebook Missionary Challenge

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Greggo wrote:Went to the website above and clicked on one of the video choices. The video doesn't show up with either of the 2 browsers (Firefox, Safari) I tried on my iMac (Mac Os 10.4). And when I downloaded the video, it would not play on my default player (Quicktime). I haven't tried using a different player or other browsers.
Have you installed the required Adobe Flash Player to your browsers?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
douglas.a.hatch-p40

Post by douglas.a.hatch-p40 »

Greggo wrote:Went to the website above and clicked on one of the video choices. The video doesn't show up with either of the 2 browsers (Firefox, Safari) I tried on my iMac (Mac Os 10.4). And when I downloaded the video, it would not play on my default player (Quicktime). I haven't tried using a different player or other browsers.
The videos are embedded from YouTube, so I believe it's a localized problem with your browsers. The video is only downloadable in MPEG2 format--which I don't think works on the Mac. Sorry!
greggo

Post by greggo »

I discovered the problem.
The internet protection software I'm using (K9 Web Protection from Blue Coat Systems - a great program by the way) blocks Youtube, but it didn't give the normal warning.
Once I set it to allow Youtube, I had no problem viewing the videos (which are excellent, by the way).
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

Hey that's pretty cool! I like it.
TechnoBabel-p40

Post by TechnoBabel-p40 »

Douglas,

I think your Facebook Missionary Challenge is fantastic! I have given the challenge to several members of my ward who have taken it seriously and love it. Great job. By the way, the videos are masterful. What a great way to spread the gospel! I commend you on your great work.

TB
brado426

New Mormon Temples Video

Post by brado426 »

Hey Douglas,

I just watched the new "Mormon Temples" video. Absolutely ingenius!!! Love it!!! Can't wait to receive the Email to make that my next Missionary Challenge Facebook post.

http://www.mormonsmadesimple.com/watch/temples.php

Brad O.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I agree. Well done!
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nbflint

Post by nbflint »

Hear, hear! Great work and thank you for sharing.

brado426

Post by brado426 »

I just noticed that "Jospeh Smith and the Restoration" is "Coming Soon". I can't wait to see that one!

Please do as I did and go to the site and donate something to help move the work forward. :) Producing those videos takes a lot of resources.

http://mormonsmadesimple.com/info/donate.html

Brad O.
wrigjef

Great Idea

Post by wrigjef »

Great Idea. I personally search around, find a church ad and post it each Sunday to my facebook page. I am one of those people that refers to the over used nick-name of the church very rarely. I have actually started lengthy gospel conversations with non-members telling them that I am not Mormon but I have the same beliefs that he did. I was not really excited when the Church decided to use mormon.com as their face on the internet (vs. lds.org) So while your idea is a great one, I likely will not participate. Mormon is a respectable name that people recognize. I understand the need for an abbreviation or nickname for the Church but evidence has shown that this overused nickname is a huge source of the misconception that we are not Christian. My brother says it my attitude is a matter of preference and maybe even a generational thing (not sure if he was being empathetic or insulting)

Return to “General Discussions”