Quick CDOL updates!

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15138
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Quick CDOL updates!

#1

Post by aebrown »

MLS 3.0 added the ability for stakes to submit a Leader or Unit Change Request to update the CDOL for new bishops or stake leaders. I'd like to report that the system seems to be working very well.

On Sunday a new bishop in our stake was sustained and set apart. Last night at our stake presidency meeting, our stake clerk asked how he was supposed to submit the information about the new bishop to Church Headquarters. I told him about the new MLS 3.0 feature for LUCRs (he wasn't aware of it, since this is our first new bishop since the release of MLS 3.0).

So last night we used stake MLS to submit an LUCR for the new bishop. I thought it would take a few days to be processed, but on a whim, I checked the CDOL this morning. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it had been updated at 9:49am this morning. That's pretty quick, and the new system has no problems with phone numbers being incorrectly transcribed from faxed information, as happened a couple of times with the old method.

It's a nice improvement in efficiency and accuracy for CDOL updates.
User avatar
calebpusey
Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT USA

#2

Post by calebpusey »

It's nice to hear that something is working for a change! In speaking with the development team, they have said that changes that are submitted during the week will be updated quicker because they are not "peak" times for traffic.
Caleb
User avatar
jeromer7
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:46 pm
Location: Bellevue, Nebraska

Great News

#3

Post by jeromer7 »

Alan_Brown wrote: I was pleasantly surprised to see that it had been updated at 9:49am this morning. That's pretty quick, and the new system has no problems with phone numbers being incorrectly transcribed from faxed information, as happened a couple of times with the old method.

It's a nice improvement in efficiency and accuracy for CDOL updates.
I have a bishop change coming up in a few weeks and look forward to using this new, improved process.

Now, if we could further improve the system to submit disciplinary council, administrative actions and Requests to the First Presidency via MLS...
JLR
User avatar
calebpusey
Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT USA

#4

Post by calebpusey »

JLRose wrote:Now, if we could further improve the system to submit disciplinary council, administrative actions and Requests to the First Presidency via MLS...
This is on it's way. :)
Caleb
jmessinger
New Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:57 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

#5

Post by jmessinger »

We just had a change of stake presidency, and submitted the new information using the LUCR in MLS. It was very painless, and I must say I am very impressed with this feature. Keep it coming!
User avatar
ffrsqpilot
Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:51 am
Location: Montrose, Colorado

#6

Post by ffrsqpilot »

I agree that being able to make changes to the CDOL via MLS is a nice feature. I did learn the hard way however that you can't make all changes via MLS. For some odd reason we had a duplication of one of our stake patriarchs (we have two - one for English and one for Spanish). I went to the change page but it does not allow you to remove partriarchs. That must still be done by the Salt Lake folks.

It took awhile to get the duplication removed (not ever sure why there was a duplication) but it had to be done at the MLS work desk rather than via the MLS change option.

I don't believe you can add a partriarch via MLS either. That also must be done at Church Headquarters.

Jim
mklobaas
New Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:42 am
Location: Vacaville, CA USA

New Bishop

#7

Post by mklobaas »

Where on MLS is the new bishop changed?

Many thanks,

Michael Klobas
Stake Clerk
jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 8931
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:30 am
Location: USA, TX

#8

Post by jdlessley »

mklobas wrote:Where on MLS is the new bishop changed?
On the stake MLS "Other Resources > Leader and Unit Change Request > Ward Leader and Unit Change Request".

Note this is available only on the stake MLS and not a ward MLS.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?
User avatar
jeromer7
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:46 pm
Location: Bellevue, Nebraska

#9

Post by jeromer7 »

Last night I thought I'd print out the LUCR to use for collecting information on an upcoming bishop change (work phone #, preferred email, etc). Can't be done. Turns out you can't print without the dates being filled in and can't enter future dates.

I can see the reasoning behind this since as implemented, it is assumed once the data is filled in, you are done so it gets transferred on the next Send/Receive.

Not a big deal, just thought I'd warn others that might be tempted to print a copy ahead of a change.
JLR
jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 8931
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:30 am
Location: USA, TX

#10

Post by jdlessley »

JLRose wrote:Last night I thought I'd print out the LUCR to use for collecting information on an upcoming bishop change (work phone #, preferred email, etc). Can't be done. Turns out you can't print without the dates being filled in and can't enter future dates.

I can see the reasoning behind this since as implemented, it is assumed once the data is filled in, you are done so it gets transferred on the next Send/Receive.

Not a big deal, just thought I'd warn others that might be tempted to print a copy ahead of a change.
Either the entire form must be filled out or it must be completely blank to print it. Try printing the form completely blank (no data entered).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?
Post Reply

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”