LUWS Suggestion and Bug Tracking Wiki

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Postby kennethjorgensen » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:42 pm

mkmurray wrote:Alan took a stab at mining out the suggestions from the mega thread mentioned earlier; the Wiki page now has a great, organized feel to it, with many suggestions enumerated.

Thanks, Alan.

Yes it looks very good. Well done to Alan.

McDanielCA

Postby McDanielCA » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:50 am

Wonderful job! It looks fantastic!!

gregneg

Tried, Can't figure it out

Postby gregneg » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:58 am

telfordca wrote:. If you'd like to add yours, please feel free. ]

I looked, fumbled around, found MT "help" --- and ran into one "gotta be a sysop here" brick wall ----

Soooo --- just how does a John Q LUWS Admin participate, if included in the invitation? :p

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:06 am

elderj1 wrote:I looked, fumbled around, found MT "help" --- and ran into one "gotta be a sysop here" brick wall ----

Soooo --- just how does a John Q LUWS Admin participate, if included in the invitation? :p
You must log in to the site. To do so you must set up an account through LDS Account.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?

gregneg

Thanks ---

Postby gregneg » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:00 pm

jdlessley wrote:You must log in to the site. To do so you must set up an account through LDS Account.

Thanks -- success!! Chose "edit" for the category I wanted, then guessed at the purpose of the posting count (choose one specific message that describes the issue --- or total count?) Anyway, it's a fairly short thread, so for this particular instance it probably doesn't matter. ;)

Edited format:

* [Forum_Thread_link/showthread.php?t=XXXX#postYYYYY Brief summary or description]

pbarrus

Postby pbarrus » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:47 pm

1. OK, need someone to help me understand the bug reporting process. Until then....

2. Here's the "bug":

I used the "Abbreviated" option for producing a list of our Ward's Leadership Directory on the Blue member side of LUWS. When reviewing said produced list, I found people on it that had moved out of our Ward a LONG time ago. Seems that their position hasn't been filled with someone else, so their name has remained.

On the Blue membership and leadership side, the entry doesn't appear because the membership record is no longer in the Ward. HOWEVER, I checked the Green administrator side and the person's name is still in that calling. It seems to me that if the membership records leave the Ward, that person's name should drop off the administrative side as well. Otherwise, when anyone in the Stake produces a leadership directory of that Ward, people who no longer reside in the Stake/Ward are still listed in that list.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:00 pm

Phyl wrote:1. OK, need someone to help me understand the bug reporting process. Until then....

2. Here's the "bug":

I used the "Abbreviated" option for producing a list of our Ward's Leadership Directory on the Blue member side of LUWS. When reviewing said produced list, I found people on it that had moved out of our Ward a LONG time ago. Seems that their position hasn't been filled with someone else, so their name has remained.

On the Blue membership and leadership side, the entry doesn't appear because the membership record is no longer in the Ward. HOWEVER, I checked the Green administrator side and the person's name is still in that calling. It seems to me that if the membership records leave the Ward, that person's name should drop off the administrative side as well. Otherwise, when anyone in the Stake produces a leadership directory of that Ward, people who no longer reside in the Stake/Ward are still listed in that list.
You are right that a name entered into a calling will remain there even after their record has been moved out of the ward. Until this is fixed in the next revision, since you have administrator access, you can simply delete their name from the calling and they will no longer show in any directories.

EDIT: The wiki has been updated to include your feedback.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?

pbarrus

Postby pbarrus » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:54 pm

Thank you JD. It's always comforting to know I'm not going crazy...at least not this time.:rolleyes:

pbarrus

Postby pbarrus » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:08 pm

Another bug:

I generated all the Ward lists in our Stake using the csv function and then sorted them for a printed Stake Directory. When examining the list for corrections, I discovered that those individuals who had been assigned to other Wards (for example, as a Bishop for a single adult ward) appeared twice in the list. Once for their original Ward and then for the Ward they were assigned to using the non-resident members in this stake function. Shouldn't they appear on only the Ward they are assigned to when using this function?

Phyl

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:35 pm

Phyl wrote:Another bug:

I generated all the Ward lists in our Stake using the csv function and then sorted them for a printed Stake Directory. When examining the list for corrections, I discovered that those individuals who had been assigned to other Wards (for example, as a Bishop for a single adult ward) appeared twice in the list. Once for their original Ward and then for the Ward they were assigned to using the non-resident members in this stake function. Shouldn't they appear on only the Ward they are assigned to when using this function?

This sounds like correct functioning. If I understand you correctly, the person serving as bishop in a Single Adult ward in your stake is also a member of another ward in your stake. His records would appropriately be retained in his home ward, so he should appear on a membership directory for his home ward in LUWS, and of course would be included in the CSV. But he is a non-resident member of the SA ward, and so he should appear on a membership directory for the SA ward, and would also be in the CSV.

It's not like LUWS is generating a single CSV for the stake, where you could perhaps argue that he should appear only once. Instead, CSV is generating a separate CSV for each ward, and he clearly should appear in each of the two wards. So there is no bug here.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”