tech.lds.org on KSL

Seen something newsworthy about the technology that the Church uses? Let everyone else know by posting here.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

myldslinks wrote:That's the bit that gets me -- yes, my blessing is tucked away safe -- but, several thousand miles from where I'm currently living. From England to Southern California if a good distance, and parents just don't always know how to find stuff that you need that are packed away.

Under the circumstances, if your parents cannot locate what you need, I think you could request that a copy be sent to you at your current location. While not electronic, you still would have it in a few week's mail time.
Dicehyden-p40

Post by Dicehyden-p40 »

That is really great
http://www.amfedrine.com
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

Any news about this project, guys???
Michael_Newman

Post by Michael_Newman »

lajackson wrote:Under the circumstances, if your parents cannot locate what you need, I think you could request that a copy be sent to you at your current location.
What is the current method (web, email, fax, phone, snail mail) to use in ordering copies?
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

You can obtain a copy of your Patriarchal Blessing or of your direct ancestor. Instructions can be found on LDS.org:
http://www.lds.org/churchhistory/archives/pbinfo
JLR
mduff0826-p40

Post by mduff0826-p40 »

Having just asked my father who is a Patriarch the handling process of his blessings, it appears that things are a bit behind the technology curve.

Can anyone offer any insight as to plans to address the uploading of blessings from the Patriarchs themselves? Or are they going to continue sending in hard copies to SLC and then scan a version in to the database?

He doesnt know for how long he should be keeping them on his hard drive and frankly his method of tape recording them, retyping them and then mailing them seems a bit sluggish and vulnerable to multiple points of failure.
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

I have the same oppinion as you, since my father is too a Stake Patriarch. I hope if any good news are coming.

Return to “In The News”