Multiple Email Address / Cell Phone Fields in MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
h60plt-p40

Post by h60plt-p40 »

Got it. I thought MLS populated LDS.ORG.

I will ask the members to update their own information in LDS.ORG. Much better system as now I do not need to keep track of this. Perfect.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

h60plt wrote:Got it. I thought MLS populated LDS.ORG.

I will ask the members to update their own information in LDS.ORG. Much better system as now I do not need to keep track of this. Perfect.
However, names, addresses, and phone numbers do get transfered from MLS to LUWS. It's just the email addresses and the option of an alternate preferred name that can be independently set in LUWS.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

h60plt wrote:Got it. I thought MLS populated LDS.ORG.

It does populate some things. Name, address, primary phone number, meeting times.
It does not populate a lot of things, e-mail address and callings among them.
AaronJames

Info changes

Post by AaronJames »

With the updates in MLS we should be able to set it up so on indavidal info that we could be able to put in a personal phone # for each person. then as time goes on intergate that into the LUWS so that caries on.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

AaronJames wrote:With the updates in MLS we should be able to set it up so on indavidal info that we could be able to put in a personal phone # for each person. then as time goes on intergate that into the LUWS so that caries on.
This has been an oft requested item. I'm certain they are aware of the need. All we can do now is watch and wait.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scion-p40

Post by scion-p40 »

Just curious:
How long have you had an email address?
How long have you had a cell phone?

I've had an email address for about 15 or 16 years & a cell phone for a decade.
Shon_T-p40

Ditto

Post by Shon_T-p40 »

I just registered so that I could voice my support around this idea. Having phone numbers and email addresses linked to individual members would be a great asset.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Shon_T wrote:I just registered so that I could voice my support around this idea. Having phone numbers and email addresses linked to individual members would be a great asset.
This is on its way. See the thread Coming Soon to a unit near you: MLS 3.1 Beta. The wider beta test begins this weekend, and the release will probably be within a small number of weeks after that.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Shon_T wrote:I just registered so that I could voice my support around this idea. Having phone numbers and email addresses linked to individual members would be a great asset.
And word is that this capability is coming.
scion wrote:Just curious:
How long have you had an email address?
How long have you had a cell phone?

I've had an email address for about 15 or 16 years & a cell phone for a decade.
I have had an e-mail address since 1993.
I do not have a cell phone.
deggertsen-p40

MLS email sync with ward web site

Post by deggertsen-p40 »

It looks like we are able to put in individual email addresses for each member in our ward now. However, this information does not sync with the ward web site. I feel that the syncing the email addresses to the ward web site is important so that the emails will go out to those members specified in news and events even if they are not registered on the church web site.

I have subscribed to the thread.

Thanks for your work on this!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”