Member in local MLS can't be accessed

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
kenrlaird-p40

Member in local MLS can't be accessed

Post by kenrlaird-p40 »

A member record was recently moved into our ward from address unknown, but I cannot locate the record. Her last name does not appear in the selection screen and as, far as I know, there is no way to access the record by any other search criteria. This person does not show up in the ward directory, either by herself, or as a child in one of the families. How does one solve such a problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

My guess is that her last name is showing up, but it is different then what you are expecting. Try creating a report for recent move-ins.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:My guess is that her last name is showing up, but it is different then what you are expecting. Try creating a report for recent move-ins.
The built-in report for new move-ins is found under Reports/Forms > Members Moved In.

You might also want to check the Members Moved Out report -- one reason you might not be able to find her is that her record has quickly been moved out.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

RussellHltn wrote:My guess is that her last name is showing up, but it is different then what you are expecting. Try creating a report for recent move-ins.
The likely cause is if the "Preferred" last name differs from her "Full" last name. The "Preferred" name could match the "Maiden" last name, or even be something completely different. I have recently had the same situation in my ward, where it was difficult to find the member because of differing surnames in each of the different types of name fields.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”