Palm Pre....Any software developed for Web OS?

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

The broken links have been reported. Thanks for pointing them out.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scubapilot2000

Any update?

Post by scubapilot2000 »

I've been using ldg.org but the dead spots in the building make things difficult.

Any update on the scriptures (as well as other church literature) coming out for the Palm Pre?

Is there an expected date?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

scubapilot2000 wrote:Any update on the scriptures (as well as other church literature) coming out for the Palm Pre?

Is there an expected date?
You can see the progress being made on the wiki page Mobile Scriptures Palm Pre. However, no target dates are listed there.
pharbrian

ereader format?

Post by pharbrian »

Until the current WebOS app in development is completed, a free ereader program is available called preader. I have done some extensive searching and have not been able to locate the scriptures in ereader format. A couple webpages come up in my search, but the websites do not respond.
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on ereader formatted scriptures?
Thanks!
scubapilot2000

Post by scubapilot2000 »

Any updates on the expected release. I checked the wiki but no timeframes are given.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

scubapilot2000 wrote:Any updates on the expected release. I checked the wiki but no timeframes are given.
If you want to ask about a release date, your best bet would be to ask on the wiki. The team working on that project may not be monitoring the forum. So I would suggest that you pose your question on the project's talk page.
scubapilot2000

Post by scubapilot2000 »

for some reason the wiki won't let me login to post. If someone can ask for a date that would be great.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The wiki uses the same login as LUWS. It is different then the forum.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
glos-p40

Post by glos-p40 »

Anyone know what the status/update is on the WebOS Scripture Reader? The wiki site hasn't provided any status updates in a few months from the developers and I'm not sure if this project has been put on hold. For what it's worth, the video provided has illustrated quite a nice overview of the scripture app. I'm hoping it will become available in the app catalog. While the SVN is available, I'm just not quite ready yet to install homebrew on my Pre and would like to see this officially supported.

I've made mention of it on the discussion tab for the wiki, but I'll post it here as well. Palm has just enabled the ability to distribute beta apps privately, so beta users who are willing to test this can do so in a much easier fashion. You can fine more details here:

developer.palm.com/blog/2010/02

Looking forward to hearing more about this app.
jbpreston-p40

Post by jbpreston-p40 »

I'm with you glos, I'm one of the many webos users out there waiting. If I could get WebOS scriptures and Ward Tools, I'd be a happy man. Ward Tools lost steam once it was made free.

If anyone out there needs a beta tester, I'd love to help in anyway.

Return to “Mobile Applications”