Signature Card Form Missing

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
acearl-p40

Signature Card Form Missing

Post by acearl-p40 »

I was helping a new Ward Clerk in my Stake get some stuff setup. He was asking about a Signature Card and so I pulled up the Reports/Forms and looked for it and it wasn't there! He hadn't put in all the ward callings, so I thought that might be the reason, but even after adding Bishopric and Clerks into the computer the Signature Card form does not appear. Is there something I am missing? I've sent him the instructions from the Wiki and he says he followed them to the T. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

acearl wrote:I was helping a new Ward Clerk in my Stake get some stuff setup. He was asking about a Signature Card and so I pulled up the Reports/Forms and looked for it and it wasn't there! He hadn't put in all the ward callings, so I thought that might be the reason, but even after adding Bishopric and Clerks into the computer the Signature Card form does not appear. Is there something I am missing? I've sent him the instructions from the Wiki and he says he followed them to the T. Any help would be appreciated.
It's in a slightly different place in MLS 3.x than where the wiki article describes (I'll fix the wiki). But hopefully it should be easier to find. You don't even have to go to the list of forms -- it's available on the Forms/Certificates panel directly:
SigCard.jpg
SigCard.jpg (17.42 KiB) Viewed 1258 times
acearl-p40

Post by acearl-p40 »

Alan_Brown wrote:It's in a slightly different place in MLS 3.x than where the wiki article describes (I'll fix the wiki). But hopefully it should be easier to find. You don't even have to go to the list of forms -- it's available on the Forms/Certificates panel directly:
I thought that was the case, but I didn't check the version they had installed on their computer, which I probably should have done. I'll check it tonight. Thanks for the reply.
mamadsen

Post by mamadsen »

Alan_Brown wrote:...You don't even have to go to the list of forms -- it's available on the Forms/Certificates panel directly:
It is also available (MLS 3.1) in the Finances tab under Reports/Reconcile.
Attachments
SigCard.jpg
SigCard.jpg (10.39 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
acearl-p40

Post by acearl-p40 »

Alan_Brown wrote:It's in a slightly different place in MLS 3.x than where the wiki article describes (I'll fix the wiki). But hopefully it should be easier to find. You don't even have to go to the list of forms -- it's available on the Forms/Certificates panel directly:
I looked at the system, and they have 3.0.3, but the Signature Card does not show up under the finance area where it does on the install of MLS on the clerk's computer in my ward. Are there any permissions that need to be setup for it to work? Anything that needs to be setup in terms of the finances portion? Account numbers? Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I wonder if the logged in MLS user has to have admin rights in MLS?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:I wonder if the logged in MLS user has to have admin rights in MLS?
No, Finance rights are sufficient. So this is indeed strange.

It's probably an installation issue. Since everyone will be getting MLS 3.1 this weekend, my guess is that will fix it.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Alan_Brown wrote:It's probably an installation issue. Since everyone will be getting MLS 3.1 this weekend, my guess is that will fix it.
It may not. A full install may be required since patch upgrades may not affect parts of the program not changed. If the download this weekend does not fix it then he should do a full reinstall.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
acearl-p40

Still no signature card!

Post by acearl-p40 »

jdlessley wrote:It may not. A full install may be required since patch upgrades may not affect parts of the program not changed. If the download this weekend does not fix it then he should do a full reinstall.

I tried both things. The Ward got the latest patches (3.1.1) and the form still does not show up. I also went in and uninstalled, moved the Program Files\LDS Church\MLS directory and mlsData-backup directories and did a reinstall. The form STILL does not show up. I have attached an image of what it looks like. An interesting thing that the Ward Clerk brought up was that the instructions in the Help menu say to use the "Lists" menu, but there is no Lists menu on their system. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Attachments
no_signature_card.jpg
(90.5 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
no_signature_card2.JPG
no_signature_card2.JPG (33.57 KiB) Viewed 1115 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just for kicks, create a Test Unit on your machine (Unit number 108). If it works for the test unit, then it's something in your ward's data file that's turning it off.

I could see the church wanting to disable that feature depending on how the finances are set up. Perhaps your unit's flag is incorrectly set. In that case, you need to contact clerk support to have them look at it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”