MLS 3.1.1 Released

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lajackson
Community Moderators

MLS 3.1.1 Released

Post by lajackson »

I owe a big apology to mkmurray.

I was trying to merge the two MLS 3.1.1 threads and wound up wiping the whole thing. I am sorry.

If you have a way to get your post back, please do. Otherwise, with my apologies, I guess we have only one thread on the subject now. But this was not the way I had hoped to do it.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

lajackson wrote:I owe a big apology to mkmurray.

I was trying to merge the two MLS 3.1.1 threads and wound up wiping the whole thing. I am sorry.

If you have a way to get your post back, please do. Otherwise, with my apologies, I guess we have only one thread on the subject now. But this was not the way I had hoped to do it.
Boy you did wipe it good! I can't find it anywhere. ;)

I described how this MLS 3.1.1 patch seemed to come out of nowhere. We haven't been on the beta program for a few months because of the formation of a new stake, but I just got the MLS update tonight. And the build timestamp has today's date, so I guess I'm pretty lucky. :)

I first received a pop up box (a white one, not the old yellow kind) during a Send/Receive stating this:
Subject: MLS 3.1.1

We have produced new Member and Leader Services (MLS) software, version 3.1.1. This new version will soon or has already been sent down to your computer. MLS 3.1.1 has been released to fix some minor bugs in MLS 3.1.

If you have already downloaded MLS 3.1 you will be patched to MLS 3.1.1 automatically. MLS 3.1.1 will be available at http://mls.lds.org as soon as it is released if you would like to download it.

Thank you for your assistance.

The Send/Receive was much too short to be a file download. But I rebooted anyway, I still only had MLS 3.1. So I did another Send/Receive and got the same pop up box message. Again, apparently no file download. I started writing this thread and then couldn't find the message box text so I did another Send/Receive. This time the syncing took slightly longer (but not much) and apparently I downloaded the update this time (and got no message pop up). After rebooting, I now have MLS 3.1.1.

The release notes are not updated (as far as I can tell), so I have no indication of what those "minor bug fixes" are.

After doing some clerk work, I have now done another Send/Receive and got the pop up message again. Weird.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

mkmurray wrote:After doing some clerk work, I have now done another Send/Receive and got the pop up message again. Weird.
Ok, I just did another Send/Receive and got the pop up message again. It almost looks like a lost or misguided MLS message that missed our inbox or something. :) With the whole "Subject:" thing. But no new MLS messages, I've checked.

Well, I just did another Send/Receive (that makes about 6 tonight; I thought I'd try one more time because third time was the charm last time too :p) and I didn't get the pop up this time but I also didn't get a software download nor a message to reboot the machine.

Ok, I caved and did one more Send/Receive and this time no pop-up again.

I think I'll call it a night now. :D
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You can always download it from mls.lds.org .....
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

mkmurray wrote:I think I'll call it a night now. :D
I couldn't resist. I did one last Send/Receive and again just a uneventful syncing session.

The official build number and version by the way:
MLS 3.1.1_16814 November 25, 2009 09:41
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

RussellHltn wrote:You can always download it from mls.lds.org .....
Yeah, I know. But I'm not interested in the result at this point, but the process. ;) (which appeared to have some odd behavior at the moment)
atticusewig

Some Changes in 3.1.1

Post by atticusewig »

One of the Changes from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1
is the inclusion of the new "New and Returning Member Form".

Basically this allows you to pull up a record of someone in MLS
and have the system fill in pieces of the form to help in activation
efforts such as their family information, contact info, and who their
Home Teachers are.

The rest of the form which lists dates for events such as priesthood
ordinations and Temple Endowments must still be filled in by hand.

It also appears that they fixed some transmission bugs, but you'd
have to ask the MLS developers for details on that regard.

- Atticus
PNMarkW2

Post by PNMarkW2 »

This appeared with 3.1, but it's still with us in 3.1.1. Each time we do a send/receive we get a warning message saying we're about to connect to the PRODUCTION server, and asking us to confirm this action.

My questions is why?
~Mark
Ward Clerk
Colonial Heights Ward
Portland Oregon Stake

-----
"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three."
---Alice Kahn
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

PNMarkW2 wrote:Each time we do a send/receive we get a warning message saying we're about to connect to the PRODUCTION server, and asking us to confirm this action.
I think I would call the help desk on Monday and ask them.
tymchenry-p40

Post by tymchenry-p40 »

What is the password to log in at http://mls.lds.org?

I am trying to manually grab the file to upgrade our MLS system.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”