"Reseting" User Accounts for LUWS

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
bhofmann

Post by bhofmann »

chrissv wrote:My wife forgot her login ID, and the Ward clerk couldn't help her. On a lark, she went to the new sign up page, entered in her membership number (from the clerk), and it said, "Oh, you are already registerred as XYZZY" where XYZZY was what she had used to sign up last time. So the system appears to be able to tell you your forgotten ID if you have the right signup information.

-- Steven
This is good to know! Thanks for the tip.
jworkin-p40

Post by jworkin-p40 »

This is where I've had to go to the list of registered users and disable the account, save, re-enable the account, and save again.
jworkin-p40

Post by jworkin-p40 »

thedqs wrote:How do you disable it and re-enable? Does the member have to re-register or do you have to talk with SLC?
This is where I've had to go to the list of registered users, disable the account, save. Then re-enable the account (uncheck the "Disable account" checkbox) and save again.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thedqs wrote:How do you disable it and re-enable?

1) Log into the member's ward
2) Go into "Administrator Options"
3) On the left, click on "Registered Users"
4) Identify the user (Both name and User ID are listed)
5) Click the checkbox "Disable Account"
6) Click Submit

Repeat to enable.
Jeremy-p40

Post by Jeremy-p40 »

bhofmann wrote:If you need to change the username or password, you'll need to contact Salt Lake.
Headquarters will not change the username unless it is inappropriate or if there is a valid reason to change it (e.g. a woman gets a divorce and doesn't want her former married name as part of her username anymore). To change the username, send an email to msrmail@ldsmail.net. Be sure to include the reason for the requested change, three (3) options for a new username, and the member's full name, record number, and ward name. Then a request will be placed. Not all requests are approved. Administrators should not encourage the changing of usernames. Username changes should be discouraged.

Headquarters cannot reset passwords - new passwords must be obtained through the Forgot Your Password link.
:D Happy to serve
daddy-o-p40

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

David, it's a toggle from the registered user menu option on the adminstrators menu.
"What have I done for someone today?" Thomas Monson

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”