MLS 3.1.3 Bug: Callings by Organization

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jsnauvoo

MLS 3.1.3 Bug: Callings by Organization

Post by jsnauvoo »

I am getting a error message as I click on callings by organization report. I had done a send/receive this evening, and all downloads are complete. I l also did a reboot prior to trying to retrieve this report.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks!

Jared
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jsnauvoo wrote:I am getting a error message as I click on callings by organization report. I had done a send/receive this evening, and all downloads are complete. I l also did a reboot prior to trying to retrieve this report.
I haven't had a chance to test it on a real installation, but with the test data on both my Windows 7 and my Vista systems, I am getting a message "An error occurred". This is a new issue with MLS 3.1.3 -- it did not happen with MLS 3.1.2, or any of the earlier versions.

When I examine the MLSLOG.TXT file in the C:\Program Files\LDS Church\MLS folder, I see an error:

Code: Select all

java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
    at org.lds.ics.jtg.tools.widgets.CSTable.packRows(Unknown Source)
Do you see the same kind of error in the log file?
pbhanney

Post by pbhanney »

Yep, I jumped on here to see if anyone else had the same problem. Good to know it is not just me. It happened after I did the 3.1.3 download. Whenever I click on the following organizations (in the Organizations windows) I get the error "An error occured" with a frowny face:
  • Priests
  • Teachers
  • Deacons
  • Laurels
  • Sunday School
davelane

MLS 3.1.3 Issue

Post by davelane »

I just wanted to add the issue also exists on the Stake Computer also. Stake Presidency wil display but High Council, Relief Socety, Single Members, Young Mem, Young Women, Sunday School and Primary display the message " an error has occured"
I am getting calls from anxious Ward Clerks. It appears that finances are not affected.
Suggestion would be welcome. It seems that Global Support is closed.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

DaveLane wrote:I just wanted to add the issue also exists on the Stake Computer also. Stake Presidency wil display but High Council, Relief Socety, Single Members, Young Mem, Young Women, Sunday School and Primary display the message " an error has occured"
I can confirm this on Stake MLS. The only organizations that can be updated in MLS 3.1.3 are Stake Presidency, Family History, and Patriarch. None of the other organizations, including Other Callings, can be updated. As DaveLane said, the link returns the message, "An error occurred. :("
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

pbhanney wrote:It happened after I did the 3.1.3 download. Whenever I click on the following organizations (in the Organizations windows) I get the error "An error occured" with a frowny face:
  • Priests
  • Teachers
  • Deacons
  • Laurels
  • Sunday School
I can confirm that Priests, Teachers, Deacons, and Laurels will not update in Ward MLS and return the message, "An error occurred."

Also:

Single Members, Mia Maids, and Beehive will not update. (Note that Beehive should be Beehives, plural.)

I find that Sunday School will update, though.

I have submitted a bug report via e-mail to msrmail at ldsmail dot net.
heyring

Unhappy MLS

Post by heyring »

We were just auto-updated to MLS 3.1.3 this morning and are also seeing the "Error Occured" message with the frowny face when clicking on Deacons, Teachers, Priests etc...
pbhanney

Post by pbhanney »

So, I have a friend that works on this at the church and informed him of the error and even showed it to him before church started today. He will be working on it this week I'm sure (or someone that works with him at least).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:I can confirm this on Stake MLS. The only organizations that can be updated in MLS 3.1.3 are Stake Presidency, Family History, and Patriarch. None of the other organizations, including Other Callings, can be updated. As DaveLane said, the link returns the message, "An error occurred. :("

Apparently there is some unknown factor that causes different organizations to fail for different installations of MLS. For our stake MLS 3.1.3, the organizations that give the error are High Council, Single Members, and Sunday School. That's quite a different set of organization than you are having problems with. But in any case, it's comforting (in a misery loves company kind of way) to know that others have the problem, too.
klink08

Post by klink08 »

This is also happening for us when trying to 'Add Companionship' in HT/VT.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”