Quarterly report and prospective elders 3.1.4?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
slh531977-p40

Quarterly report and prospective elders 3.1.4?

Post by slh531977-p40 »

I tried to bring up the unit statistics for our quarterly report. In doing so, I noticed we now had 91 prospective elders, where last quarter we had 9. I looked into it, and the system is assigning every male that is not an Elder or high priest as a prospective elder(even my 2 year old)
Anyone else have this problem or know what to do about it.?
jmessinger

Post by jmessinger »

I only have stake MLS (not a ward database), and see our prospective elders listed correctly across all of our units. The youngest prospective elder listed for any of our units has a birth date of November 1990 (putting him at 19 years old, meeting the minimum age criteria to be classed as a prospective elder).

I ran a custom report that should list prospective elders using the same criteria as the Unit Statistics report (I actually based it on the criteria given in the Help for Prospective Elders in the Quarterly report), and returned a list that 5 more prospective elders that my unit statistics report. I haven't done a complete comparison to work out the additional names on my custom report (> 500 prospective elders on both lists), but by and large it doesn't appear that I am getting anomalous results in the same league as you.

I also tried the Unit Statistics against the test ward data, and also didn't see any odd results along the lines of what you reported.

One possible thing to check is that the Organisation assignments are correct - ie Aaronic Priesthood holders are properly assigned to their appropriate AP quorum organisation, primary children to Primary etc. If they aren't, you may need to reset the individual's organisation assignments.
pbhanney

Post by pbhanney »

Mine only brought up the 29 prospective elders in our ward. Maybe exiting out of the program and going back into it might help to nudge the data correctly.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

pbhanney wrote:Mine only brought up the 29 prospective elders in our ward. Maybe exiting out of the program and going back into it might help to nudge the data correctly.
I am finding that this works is far too many cases. If something looks odd, close the window and reopen it. Don't assume a problem unless the same error appears again. I have found this to be more true in some areas of MLS than others.

If I get what appears to be the wrong number twice in a row, then I investigate.
slh531977-p40

Post by slh531977-p40 »

I exited and retried a couple of different days now and still get the same results. I also have a lot less children on the report since all the males are listed as prospective elders. I'm guessing maybe this is unique to our ward and something got messed up somewhere. Who do I contact to try to get some help fixing?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

slh531977 wrote:I exited and retried a couple of different days now and still get the same results. I also have a lot less children on the report since all the males are listed as prospective elders. I'm guessing maybe this is unique to our ward and something got messed up somewhere. Who do I contact to try to get some help fixing?
Contact Local Unit Support (follow that link for contact options).

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”