Adobe Acrobat form of a Family Group Sheet

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
octoberskies-p40

Post by octoberskies-p40 »

You are a Godsend!!! I have been racking my brain to try and figure out how to get this form into Adobe!!! I stumbled upon this site. I am wanting to make a copy of all my history for my sister and was writing every form out by hand!!! This is going to be soooo much better!! Thank you!
elangomat

Post by elangomat »

That adobe fill-inable family group record is absolutely fantastic. Does anyone know if there is one for the churches pedigree chart as well?
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

I wonder if the Family Group Record Form and Pedigree Chart Form PDFs have been updated on FamilySearch.org to be filliable and saveable PDF forms. I'd prefer not to have to rely on someone else's tweaking to have that functionality. (I can't check right at the moment to see if they've been updated or not.)
rwbris18

Alternate

Post by rwbris18 »

I found a web site sometime back which might be useful. My experience is the same as yours... the only problem is that most people don't do the update or participate anyway.

I've had my site for years and I get little interest from direct relatives unless they are already interested in genealogy. It has produced some results from non-members.

http://lythgoes.net/genealogy/software.php

Good Luck!D
dtodd1960-p40

Post by dtodd1960-p40 »

I love this form...I have been looking high and low for a filable format family group sheet. The only thing better would be if it were fillable AND Savable. Has anyone got a version that is fillable AND savable? - Also....Does anyone out there have a fillable...or fillable and saveable version of a pedegree chart? - Thanks for all the sharing!
subrodragon-p40

Adobe Forms for Group Record AND Pedigree Chart

Post by subrodragon-p40 »

I made these both using the freeware program pdfill 7.0; There is a big problem with Adobe that requires you to spend a ton of money just to save a single form. I looked into the lifecycles and laughed at the cost.

Now you can "save" PDF using acrobat to fill it in by using pdfill's PDF printer. It works exactly like the Microsoft xps document printer where you "print" a document into a file but unlike an xps doc it’s a PDF.

I have been reading allot of the History of the Church and it is still important to have a paper copy. Though I personally have both the paper copy I have started to put into my book of remembrance and a PDF copy.

With the free tools you can also take 2 PDF Files and merge them into one file.

I emailed copies of both documents to my family members and have asked them to fill them out, print them up, and mail them to me. Like a missionary the key is to follow up and with a little following up I’ve managed to get almost all of my living relatives to mail me a completely filled out group record.

I hope that this will help you with the convenience it has provided me.
Attachments
Fill in the Blank Group Record.pdf
(140.4 KiB) Downloaded 669 times
Fill in the Blank PEdigree Chart.pdf
(137.79 KiB) Downloaded 465 times
elangomat

Post by elangomat »

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! With both of these forms I can now get some of my work done a whole lot faster and can share it better without having to hand write everything. Thanks to you and to everyone else who has posted, they have been lots of help.
Rogers01-p40

Post by Rogers01-p40 »

This is awesome! It is very valuable and time saving for me. I am curious about whether a fill in-able sheet for additional children is available or could be made. I wish I were savvy enough to do it myself, but thought I would ask if there was one out there first.
subrodragon-p40

New Forms 2006 version

I am actually doing the 2006 version of the forms. They are the ones located in the new family history lesson manual.

I have just about finished the Family Group Record as it is and doing the second page as a stand alone for additional children check back in a week and I should have both that and the new pedigree charts, and research log up in fill in the blank form. I personally transcribe my chicken scratch from the log to the pdf so in case anyone were to ever pick up after me they can understand my handwriting otherwise they would have to have a urim and thummim :P

*** I have started a new thread under the Living Data topic for collaborating with living members where I have posted the original forms and the 2006 revised versions introduced in the new family history class please see there for the downloads of the new forms. ***
subrodragon-p40

2010 Forms

There is a topic under living data however this seem likes as good a place as any to also put these.

I finished my "project" and hopefully you will find these as usefull as I have in getting this great work accomplished

Return to “Family History”