MLS 3.1.3 to MLS 3.1.4 issues

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jpapke-p40

MLS 3.1.3 to MLS 3.1.4 issues

Post by jpapke-p40 »

I am a stake clerk and almost all of my wards have come across the defect in 3.1.3 where they get "an error occurred" message when trying to change organizations and other areas (reports, etc). I found on this site some others having the same issue and discovered that there was a fix in 3.1.4 and that at the next send/receive we should get automatically upgraded. My issue is that none of the wards I have worked with thus far have seen the automatic patch process work. Is there something wrong in our MLS setup? Is the patch not working? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff Papke
Meridian Idaho North Stake
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't know why your MLS is not automatically upgrading. Are your systems on broadband, dial-up or a mixture of the two?

While it doesn't answer the "why" you can download 3.1.4 from mls.lds.org and upgrade that way.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jpapke-p40

Post by jpapke-p40 »

All of my wards are on broadband. I have been upgrading them via the full install approach after downloading from the web (all 100 MBytes!). It just concerns me that the automatic patch is not functioning. It has in the past....

Jeff Papke
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jpapke wrote: It just concerns me that the automatic patch is not functioning. It has in the past....
I have found that the automatic updates fail after a number of upgrades. At some point, each of our 14 computers has been given the full install via flash drive during the last two years.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”