New Mormon Channel iPhone/iPod App Available

Any discussions around the Mormon Radio Channel App on various mobile and electronic devices
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

andrewmoquin wrote:Congratulations in the iPhone app. According to the wiki it streams using MSS.

Are these streams using RTSP via MSS? If not, any chance you can publish the raw stream?

A raw MP3 stream would be even better. :)
All of the content EXCEPT the Mormon Channel radio feed are just links to MP3s and so the iPhone downloads them via HTTP. The radio feed, however, is an MMS feed of a WMA formatted file. This is a requirement of the content delivery network vendor we are using.

Tom
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

andrewmoquin wrote:...any chance you can publish the raw stream?
I'll point you to my previous comment earlier in the thread...
mkmurray wrote:If you read his comments closely, Tom did indicate that the URL is not yet publically published, and it appears that the goal is to hopefully have it published in the future.
kylehart

Post by kylehart »

tomw wrote:There is not a published mms link at this time. I think that there are some server resizing issues that need to happen before the group responsible for the Mormon Channel feeds make the URL's public.

Tom

Any update on this? I'm looking for a public mms/wma link to pump this into my Dad's Roku Internet Radio. He'd love it.

Thanks
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

As of yesterday evening I have been unable to connect to the Mormon Channel radio feed via the iPhone app. I have tried rebooting the iPhone, removing the app and reinstalling it, but I still haven't been able to get the radio feed to work via EDGE, 3G, or WiFi networks for almost a day now. The other feeds seem to work fine in the app. Anyone else having similar problems?
garysturn

Post by garysturn »

I just connected to the radio feed at 10:30pm with no problems.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

jbh001 wrote:As of yesterday evening I have been unable to connect to the Mormon Channel radio feed via the iPhone app. I have tried rebooting the iPhone, removing the app and reinstalling it, but I still haven't been able to get the radio feed to work via EDGE, 3G, or WiFi networks for almost a day now. The other feeds seem to work fine in the app. Anyone else having similar problems?

Radio feed coming through loud and clear in Las Vegas this beautiful Sunday morning!
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

zaneclark wrote:Radio feed coming through loud and clear in Las Vegas this beautiful Sunday morning!
The radio feed seems to have fixed itself on my end as well.
jvoracek

Post by jvoracek »

In case this ever occurs again, try rebooting the iPhone. For some odd reason, many iPhone devices occasionally fail to initiate the wireless antennas properly, and a reboot is necessary. Alternatively, turning the phone to Airplane Mode momentarily and then taking it off will correct wireless problems. This can be applied to any iPhone app.
Jace Voracek
Jace@Jace-Place.com
shawnlg-p40

Post by shawnlg-p40 »

I notice that when I listen to something other than the Mormon Channel (like a scripture chapter), when the file is done playing and I hit a button to get back to the main menu, the app crashes and closes. I was hoping to use it to listen to scriptures on my bus commute, but it's so combersome that I just go to the LDS website and click on the links there.

I would like to see this app "bookmark" where you are in the scriptures, general conference, magazines, etc. Then I could resume listening where I left off in each environment instead of trying to remember the chapter or article I last heard.

And with even more work, this app could be a "hub" of information for LDS members on the iPhone. Access and listen to the current Sunday School reading, listen to scriptures in the current Priesthood/Relief Society lesson, etc.
Shawn
silene-p40

Post by silene-p40 »

I have updated to the version 1.5 of Mormon Channel app on my iPhone 3GS. It will be crashed every time when I open it.
Does anyone meet this situation as like as me? When I used the previous version, it had few times to meet this bothered thing on main memu (radio) but not every time. It really bothers me as I like this app very much.

This app contains what I need and love channels: General Conferences, Church magazines,and Scriptures.

If someone knows how to figure it out and share to me, I will appreciate very much.

Return to “Mormon Radio Channel”