Quarterly Reports lagging?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ffrsqpilot

Quarterly Reports lagging?

Post by ffrsqpilot »

Twice now in the last week it appears that when units complete the Quarterly report and do a send/receive, the information is not getting to the stake computer. This past week I had the opportunity to go ice fishing (ya, I know it's cold out there) with a clerk from one of our units. The last time he did a send receive on his units computer was Wednesday evening. I met up with him Friday morning and reminded him that his quarterly report needed finished and sent in. He stated that he had sent it in but as of the day prior (Thursday evening) it had not populated on the stake report. However, Sunday morning when I checked the unit's report did populate on the stake computer. Likewise, this morning I needed to call another clerk and remind him to complete the quarterly report and do a send/receive. He reiterated that he did that the previous Sunday, yet it still hasn't shown up populated on the stake computer. He will go back in today and do another send/receive to see if for some strange reason it didn't go out the first time.

Has anyone else had similar problems with a lag time between when a unit completes and sends in the report and when it shows up (if ever) on the stake computer?
stevewilson-p40

Post by stevewilson-p40 »

Yes, I routinely experience the same with my stake.
After ward clerks submit their quarterly report, it tends to take one to two weeks for me to receive it on the stake computer.

-Steve in Phx.
freedom55

Post by freedom55 »

On occasion, I remind our clerks to do a "Send Data to Stake" regularly. It seems to help with the time lag.
stevewilson-p40

Freedom55 wrote:On occasion, I remind our clerks to do a "Send Data to Stake" regularly. It seems to help with the time lag.
I have never heard of that option before. Where is it found in MLS?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

stevewilson wrote:I have never heard of that option before. Where is it found in MLS?
It's on the File menu, and the option is called precisely "Send Membership Data to Stake". Some information is sent to the stake only monthly, but this forces it to be sent right away (well, actually, with the next Send/Receive, but when you choose the option, MLS asks if you want to send it right then).
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I'm dealing with the exact issue in my stake. I have 3 out of 13 units that the data is not showing up. Each of the units is consistently on-time with experienced clerks. Is this a larger problem? Should we need to transmit to Stake on a regular basis?

As a note, often times the forgotten pieces of the quarterly report are in the convert detail. Make sure that is checked.
stevewilson-p40

jshawut wrote: As a note, often times the forgotten pieces of the quarterly report are in the convert detail. Make sure that is checked.
I have experienced the same. Apparently a ward clerk can submit the quarterly report without the convert detail page completed. If that is the case, the report will never make it to the stake computer, even though the ward shows it has been submitted successfully.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”