The Beta Calendar is Up

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

RussellHltn wrote:Anyone else put off by the open display of ages in the admin function?

Not me, so long as it is understood that the admin, who is called to that position, will have such privilege. Even within MLS, the last time I looked, it was possible for a user with the lowest level of privilege to see adult ages and more. (Maybe that's a bug, and should be pursued in a different thread.)
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

boomerbubba wrote:
RussellHltn wrote:Anyone else put off by the open display of ages in the admin function?
Not me, so long as it is understood that the admin, who is called to that position, will have such privilege.
Back when I was the admin for my Stake's LUWS I found it helpful to correctly select the person I needed, there were many times that the search would bring up a father and son for example that either had the same name or the father went by his middle name and that was the son's first name.
coloradotechie-p40

Post by coloradotechie-p40 »

This is WONDERFUL!

Although, looks like the server just started having problems... seems like there might be a few kinks to work out as more people find out about it and more bugs are found and resolved.

Thanks for all of this!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ryan jones wrote:there were many times that the search would bring up a father and son for example that either had the same name or the father went by his middle name and that was the son's first name.
Yes, that's understandable. And LUWS did use birth date which in my mind is more sensitive. But LUWS only used that when selecting the person. The new calendar shows it anytime you look at the admin list. It's one thing to have access to it. It's another to show it where it may not be needed.

I guess what I need to know is just who can see that page? Only admins? What level is "admin" expected to go down to? The Deacon President to approve the Deacon's calendar? I think in many cases units had the person who did the Sunday program be an admin so they could update the site.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

RussellHltn wrote:I guess what I need to know is just who can see that page? Only admins? What level is "admin" expected to go down to? The Deacon President to approve the Deacon's calendar? I think in many cases units had the person who did the Sunday program be an admin so they could update the site.
The admins that are automatically added are described in the help file here. You'll find the usual suspects (bishopric, clerks, etc.) I think it's important to note that most people will now be assigned as individual calendar editors instead of overall administrators. The help document is pretty clear about the difference.
silid

Post by silid »

I just sent a link to my stake presidency to take a look and for them the one way sync is going to be a problem. Some kind of two way sync would be great (webdav auth against lds account?)

si.
rchurch6

Beta Calendar Is Not Loading

Post by rchurch6 »

I visited the beta site and all I get is the earth loading icon in the top center of the page. I can not manage any subscriptions or anything. The site is blank for me. Is this site down? Does it take hours for it load my info? What is wrong?
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

i think the whole beta.lds.org is having issues right now - was fine earlier though, so they're probably just doing something…
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

As of 12:13 pm MDT the site is functioning fine. It was probably some maintenance being performed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

dannykos wrote:i think the whole beta.lds.org is having issues right now - was fine earlier though, so they're probably just doing something…
rchurch6 wrote:I visited the beta site and all I get is the earth loading icon in the top center of the page. I can not manage any subscriptions or anything. The site is blank for me. Is this site down? Does it take hours for it load my info? What is wrong?

Hence, the term "BETA".
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “Calendar”