The RS mtg formerly known as Enrichment

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
zaneclark

The RS mtg formerly known as Enrichment

Post by zaneclark »

This may not be a tech thing but it involved an email broadcast. The RS asked me to send out a notice of their monthly meeting, formerly called Enrichment. I asked the sister what to call it and she said they couldn't figure out what to call it so I announced it as the "regular RS monthly meeting." What are your wards calling it?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:This may not be a tech thing but it involved an email broadcast. The RS asked me to send out a notice of their monthly meeting, formerly called Enrichment. I asked the sister what to call it and she said they couldn't figure out what to call it so I announced it as the "regular RS monthly meeting." What are your wards calling it?
When in doubt, I look to what the General Relief Society Presidency has said. Specifically, when asked "What do we call Relief Society meetings that are not held on Sunday?" the answer is:
Individual Relief Society meetings that are held during the week can be called whatever they are, for example, Relief Society meetings, classes, projects, conferences, or workshops.

Examples of how Relief Society meetings can be announced: "This Thursday we will have a Relief Society meeting at 7:00 p.m. Our meeting this month will include a variety of classes to help us improve homemaking skills." Or, "We will have a Relief Society workshop this next month about how to be better parents." Or, "On Saturday we will have a Relief Society conference." Or, "We will have a Relief Society service project this coming month."
Our stake RS presidency has shared this counsel with all the wards, and they are following it.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Alan_Brown wrote:When in doubt, I look to what the General Relief Society Presidency has said. Specifically, when asked "What do we call Relief Society meetings that are not held on Sunday?" the answer is:

Our stake RS presidency has shared this counsel with all the wards, and they are following it.
Thank you! I shared this with our RS presidency and they were very grateful... I guess they didn't get the memo...:D

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”