Email Broadcast Mystery

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
zaneclark

Email Broadcast Mystery

Post by zaneclark »

In the last few email broadcasts I have sent out at both the ward and stake level, I have not received any back as "unable to deliver." Either everyone in the stake now has a working email address or there is something else happening. Even though I didn't like to get posts returned, it was useful to remind those who needed to update their profiles. Anyone else seeing this in their broadcasts?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Did you receive a copy of the email? If so, who is it "from"/"reply to"?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

RussellHltn wrote:Did you receive a copy of the email? If so, who is it "from"/"reply to"?
The "from" is my email, there is no "reply to."
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

zaneclark wrote:In the last few email broadcasts I have sent out at both the ward and stake level, I have not received any back as "unable to deliver." Either everyone in the stake now has a working email address or there is something else happening. Even though I didn't like to get posts returned, it was useful to remind those who needed to update their profiles. Anyone else seeing this in their broadcasts?
I was going to post this a while back, but I forgot. It appears that one of the enhancements that HQ made in sending the emails was do add a Return-Path to the header. All undeliverable bounces are now being sent to an address at HQ. Hopefully they are doing something with them. It's nice not to have tons of bounces, but yes, you do lose the ability to see whose email is valid. If I got to choose, I'd have to say that the new way is preferred.
rick.winterton

Return-Path

Post by rick.winterton »

oregonmatt wrote:It appears that one of the enhancements that HQ made in sending the emails was do add a Return-Path to the header. All undeliverable bounces are now being sent to an address at HQ. Hopefully they are doing something with them. It's nice not to have tons of bounces, but yes, you do lose the ability to see whose email is valid. If I got to choose, I'd have to say that the new way is preferred.
That is actually good news. I had to stop using the e-mail feature because of the tons of bounced e-mails that I received. Matching e-mails with people can be a real chore. I hope that the new feature to forward e-mail addresses To/From MLS and LDS accounts will help alleviate the problem (don't I wish).

At least now I can put one of my junk e-mail address in the Return-Path (I hope) and not get them in my main account.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

rwinterton wrote:At least now I can put one of my junk e-mail address in the Return-Path (I hope) and not get them in my main account.
The Return-Path address is actually a valid email address at HQ. I don't want to repeat it here, but suffice it to say it has the words "bounce" and "luws" in it. You can't (and don't want) to put any email address you own there.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

oregonmatt wrote:The Return-Path address is actually a valid email address at HQ. I don't want to repeat it here, but suffice it to say it has the words "bounce" and "luws" in it. You can't (and don't want) to put any email address you own there.
One idea I came up with to help notify members of the wards to check their Email addresses, is that I post a news item on the stake web site as well as each ward site. The item asks "...Is Your Email Address Correct?" and then proceeds to give them some simple instructions on how to check and correct it if necessary.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”