Beta Calendar Issues

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

You can be added as an approver (admin) by someone who is a default approver. You will then have most of the same capabilities except adding other approvers.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dobrichelovek

Verification of directory issue.

Post by dobrichelovek »

jdlessley wrote:You can be added as an approver (admin) by someone who is a default approver. You will then have most of the same capabilities except adding other approvers.

I'll see if I can get that taken care of today. :)
mfmohlma

Editors by calling

Post by mfmohlma »

While setting up calendars for each of the Young Men quorums, I realized it would be much more useful to set edit permissions by calling, rather than by name. As the youth leadership is changed, the permissions would automatically transfer as they do for the overall admin function. This would be useful for practically any calendar you can think of: RS, Activities, etc.

I submitted this as feedback.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

oregonmatt wrote:While setting up calendars for each of the Young Men quorums, I realized it would be much more useful to set edit permissions by calling, rather than by name. As the youth leadership is changed, the permissions would automatically transfer as they do for the overall admin function. This would be useful for practically any calendar you can think of: RS, Activities, etc.

I submitted this as feedback.

This issue was entered into JIRA back in July '09, it also hasn't been updated since July '09.

I am also waiting for this functionality
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

oregonmatt wrote:I submitted this as feedback.
This was the response I got:
agreed - coming later this year
jbpreston-p40

Post by jbpreston-p40 »

This may have been answered before. Sorry. In the beta version, will the information I enter be used or erased for the final release? Will the calendars/leadership actions/other updatable fields be saved?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This was answered in another thread, but, yes the beta data will be there for the final release.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Kyrandita

New Issue

Post by Kyrandita »

Along with the issue I found in the Directory (if anyone read it) I found this:

I recently changed stakes, whole new set of info... and I did my best (with moderate success) to get my old branch to start using the beta site...

The problem is that now that my records have switched I assumed that my calendar would automatically unsubscribe from all the calendars I had been subscribed to... Which it didn't... so I hoped for a brief moment that under manage subscriptions I would be able to unsubscribe from calendars outside of my current unit if an active subscription existed... Which I wasn't able to...

So now that my old branch is using the calendar effectively (YAY) I am stuck here with all of their events showing up in my list (BOO)...

I guess this is more of a warning to unsubscribe BEFORE changing wards since we can't do anything but wait till it's fixed, but I don't think I'll be pushing the Calendar use much at BYU for now until this issue is fixed, it would make for a wonderfully jumbled mess with people changing wards so often wouldn't it? :)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Kyrandita wrote:The problem is that now that my records have switched I assumed that my calendar would automatically unsubscribe from all the calendars I had been subscribed to... Which it didn't... so I hoped for a brief moment that under manage subscriptions I would be able to unsubscribe from calendars outside of my current unit if an active subscription existed... Which I wasn't able to...
This is an important bug to find and fix. Have you reported it using the Feedback mechanism on the new Beta Calendar site?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Kyrandita

Post by Kyrandita »

I have... Hopefully this can get fixed soon...

Return to “Calendar”