TempleReady and IGI

Transition from Temple-Ready to the FamilySearch Family Tree and products supporting ordinance reservations and status.
tjallred

TempleReady and IGI

Post by tjallred »

Ohana Software uses some sort of technology to search the IGI to find names before submitting to the temple. As I understand it, TempleReady will be replaced by NFS soon after it goes live. Does anyone know if there will be an NFS API for third party tools or websites to do essentially what Ohana does with PAF and Temple Ready?

Trevor
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tallred wrote:Ohana Software uses some sort of technology to search the IGI to find names before submitting to the temple.
They go though the web page.

tallred wrote:Does anyone know if there will be an NFS API for third party tools or websites to do essentially what Ohana does with PAF and Temple Ready?
The API, yes. As to who will connect PAF to nFS - that's not yet been stated. So far, Ohana has been silent.
tjallred

Post by tjallred »

Thanks, I look forward to seeing specs on the API. I know this is premature, but it might be good to start publishing specs on the APIs so the Church can get feedback on them.

Trevor
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

There have been some releases of the API rumored at my work (well our boss says we have them just not going to work with them yet). So the church might be able to publish something.
- David

Return to “Temple-Ready”