Patriarchal Blessing Recommendation form

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
gurpilak

Patriarchal Blessing Recommendation form

Post by gurpilak »

Is there a way to update MLS so it gives the option for filling in the Patriarch field on the Recommendation form? This can still be a fill in box, but I believe it should have the option of receiving this information from the Stake MLS.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gurpilak wrote:Is there a way to update MLS so it gives the option for filling in the Patriarch field on the Recommendation form? This can still be a fill in box, but I believe it should have the option of receiving this information from the Stake MLS.
This is a good suggestion. Currently, you can fill in the Patriarch field in MLS automatically only if the patriarch happens to live in your ward.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

In response to Alan's to post. I am the Assistant Ward Clerk, in my ward, and earlier this year I requested a Patriarchal Blessing for myself. The Bishop instructed me to print out the form before my interview with him. The Patriarch isn't in our ward, but is in the Stake. All the contact information was to hand on our ward MLS.

So I'm not sure what the original poster is actually requesting.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Alan_Brown wrote:This is a good suggestion. Currently, you can fill in the Patriarch field in MLS automatically only if the patriarch happens to live in your ward.

In response to Alan's to post. I am the Assistant Ward Clerk, in my ward, and earlier this year I requested a Patriarchal Blessing for myself. The Bishop instructed me to print out the form before my interview with him. The Patriarch isn't in our ward, but is in the Stake. All the contact information was to hand on our ward MLS.

So I'm not sure what the original poster is actually requesting. Unless of course the information was added manually by someone in our ward before I was called.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Biggles wrote:In response to Alan's to post. I am the Assistant Ward Clerk, in my ward, and earlier this year I requested a Patriarchal Blessing for myself. The Bishop instructed me to print out the form before my interview with him. The Patriarch isn't in our ward, but is in the Stake. All the contact information was to hand on our ward MLS.

So I'm not sure what the original poster is actually requesting.
Thanks for the update. I jumped to an incorrect conclusion based on the test data, so I appreciate you supplying your actual experience with live data.

Upon further research, it appears that the above information is not correct. See later posts for clarification.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
gurpilak

Post by gurpilak »

Alan_Brown wrote:Thanks for the update. I jumped to an incorrect conclusion based on the test data, so I appreciate you supplying your actual experience with live data.
I'll have to double check, when I'm up at the church tomorrow, but as of last month, when I needed to print up a patriarchal blessing recommend for the bishop, I had to hand type in the information for the Stake Patriarch. He is not in our ward, and the data was not available when I clicked on the search box.
drporray

Post by drporray »

I tried to create a patriarchal blessing form for someone in our ward. The MLS program only pulls up high priests in our unit when I search for the Patriarch's name.
kabersch-p40

Post by kabersch-p40 »

I am a ward clerk. The last time I created a Patriarchal Blessing recommend, I saved it. Now I just retrieve the saved recommend and change the members name, etc. The Patriarch's name is already there.

Thsi is just a work-around. I also think the Patriarch's name should be pushed out from the Stake.
gurpilak

Post by gurpilak »

I have verified that the only information available when you push the search icon for filling in the Patriarch's name is a list of the High Priests in your unit.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Alan_Brown wrote:Thanks for the update. I jumped to an incorrect conclusion based on the test data, so I appreciate you supplying your actual experience with live data.
Thanks to all who responded. Rather than relying on the post which incorrectly claimed the patriarch's information was available in all wards, I have now researched this myself, and have verified that my original response was correct -- you can only automatically select the patriarch's information if he happens to live in your ward.
But the suggestion to work off a saved recommend form to avoid retyping the patriarch's contact information is a good one, if the patriarch doesn't happen to live in your ward.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”