New Stake Glitches

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
peter.robison

New Stake Glitches

Post by peter.robison »

We live in the newly-formed Nashville Stake, which was formed from parts of three other stakes. In the process, the former Nashville Stake got renamed the Madison Stake and the new stake got the Nashville name. Unfortunately, this seems to have wrecked havoc on the ward website, which our ward uses heavily. Most people in the ward can't login right now. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to avoid such confusion in the future? Is the problem because of the name change?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

forpeterssake wrote:In the process, the former Nashville Stake got renamed the Madison Stake and the new stake got the Nashville name.
Aiiiiieeeee!!! As a former singles ward clerk that inherited the name and unit number of a discontinued family ward, I feel your pain!

I'm not sure as the name change is the problem. A bigger issue is where does the church's computers think those records are at? Right now they may be "in transit" between the two stakes. Until the new stake gets created in the computers (and I don't think they do that until the new President is actually set apart and the paperwork filed) and get it's page activated, and the records arrive in that stake, everything is likely to be seriously messed up.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”