New version of LDS Catalog now online in beta

Discussions about other Church websites
rwoodmansee

Post by rwoodmansee »

I am the stake clerk and I was only able to log in with my personal credentials, using the stake id and password was invalid. I was able to go into the Administrative section but did not see anything we needed.

I was interested in ordering some of the new Duty To God booklets (even though they are on backorder) but when it came to pay, my only option was a credit card.

How do we provide feed back?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RWoodmansee wrote:I am the stake clerk and I was only able to log in with my personal credentials, using the stake id and password was invalid. I was able to go into the Administrative section but did not see anything we needed.
It is by design that the old ldscatalog.com stake id and password no longer work on the new store.lds.org site. In keeping with the design of all new Church websites, you use LDS Account to login, and what you see is dependent on your particular calling. However, I would think that a stake clerk would be able to see more in the Administrative Materials area.
RWoodmansee wrote:I was interested in ordering some of the new Duty To God booklets (even though they are on backorder) but when it came to pay, my only option was a credit card.

How do we provide feed back?
There is a feedback link on every page of the store. The feedback mechanism is simply an email address: feedback@store.lds.org.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Cra-Z-p40

Post by Cra-Z-p40 »

Alan_Brown wrote:The new site has changed the way it handles foreign language materials. You just search for the item you want (by item number, by title, or by browsing). Once you find the item, there will be a language field. It may just say "Language: English" (as in this item) or more commonly it will have a dropdown for language (as in this item). Once you have selected the desired language, you'll see if the item is in stock or available for backorder.

But it does appear that the database for the new store is not fully loaded. For example, I can search for item 53330 in the current ldscatalog.com and find French and Spanish versions, but that item doesn't appear at all in the new store.
It's almost more complicated in a way especially in instances like where the Book of Mormon doesn't exist in soft-cover in many languages. Are the language lists still available on there?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Alan_Brown wrote:....There is a feedback link on every page of the store. The feedback mechanism is simply an email address: feedback@store.lds.org.
Alan,

Since you are able to get feedback through (w/ an LDS account) how about returning a note that users are having problems giving feedback via Email if it's an Email domain outside of the church. At least that appears to be the situation.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

techgy wrote:Alan,

Since you are able to get feedback through (w/ an LDS account) how about returning a note that users are having problems giving feedback via Email if it's an Email domain outside of the church. At least that appears to be the situation.
Good idea. I have done this.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
cottrells

Order update

Post by cottrells »

cottrells wrote:On Saturday I ordered two items. A unit order on n/c forms that we need and a personal item which I paid using my VISA card. When I first logged on to the site I selected England as my country. While I was browsing the site all prices were in GBP (£). Great, I thought, I know that the distribution centre have spoken about online ordering coming soon, so I made the two orders. Today (Tuesday) I received two emails both stating that the order item is out of stock and it is on back order. Now is this because they are out of stock or because the orders didn't go straight to the England distribution centre or just because it's a beta site?
I didn't get any further emails about items being back in stock or being shipped, but all the items that I ordered, both personal and unit orders, have now arrived :)
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

On the emails problem, is it possible that the Gmail client the Church uses eventually passes the email off to a mailserver using the local Church domain name? If that happens to be the case, then maybe the SPF framework implementation, if the Church email servers use one, is screwed up.

We had a separate discussion on the forum over a year ago over getting some email from the Church at a comcast.net account, and it was determined there was no SPF lines in the headers, and Comcast was bouncing or otherwise diverting them due to problems they were having at the time with unrelated spam issues.

'SPF' is 'Sender Policy Framework'.

Return to “Other Websites”