Calendar/Directory August release issues

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

I log in and then when I try to see the calendar I get a blank, white screen. This happens with a Windows XP system using Internet Explorer 8 and with a Mac using OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard?) and Safari.

With both systems, when I try to look at the directory I get what looks like the frames for the directory (including a search box) but no text at all.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Neither of the applications are working for me at new.lds.org. Just blank pages after logging in. I haven't tried clearing cookies yet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

new.lds.org/directory/ Works as before, except directory pictures missing again. Sometimes pages "hangs" but a refresh usually brings up the page. Never the pictures.

new.lds.org/church-calendar
Works nice with improved functionality...at least I didn't notice these until now...
  • new expanded colors, Thank you-needed for many calendars
  • Print function, appears finally operational (at least on screen, I'll play with it more)
  • conflict checking, appears to have arrived in bottom right corner, and on new and edit event screens. I haven't figured it out yet, but looks promising.
  • help button is nice and helpful! (not sure when this button actually arrived)
thank you!
holmsro

Post by holmsro »

New directory - I can login and see member data - but it is minus the 180 photos I had loaded for families and individuals. [ What does it mean when NEW PHOTS had a (-1) next to it? Do I need to re-upload our photos? When should I do this?] The Ward Leaders & Other Orgs is not working.

New Calendar - I can login and see the data.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rrr wrote:it is minus the 180 photos I had loaded for families and individuals. [ What does it mean when NEW PHOTS had a (-1) next to it? Do I need to re-upload our photos? When should I do this?]
The photos are still not working, but I don't know that you need to re-upload them. It appears that upload is not working right now, anyway. I'd wait until the feature is working again, and then hopefully all the previously uploaded photos will reappear.
rrr wrote:The Ward Leaders & Other Orgs is not working.
I find the leadership area to be flaky -- sometimes it displays, and sometimes it dooesn't. But if I refresh, or visit another part of the site and come back, or logout and login, sometimes the leadership will appear.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Out of curiosity I'm wondering if anyone with the proper credentials has actually checked the performance of the Leadership area? I serve as an Asst. Stake Clerk and don't have access to this area.

In the calendar feature I often see multiple entries when the page is loaded. If I refresh the page the duplicates disappear and I'm back to single entries as it should be.

One suggestion. In the Resources function, it would be nice to be able to reset the default resources. The helps indicate that when a resource is checked as a Meetinghouse, that a default set of resources are loaded. If these are accidentally removed, how do you put them back aside from manually creating each one.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

techgy wrote:Out of curiosity I'm wondering if anyone with the proper credentials has actually checked the performance of the Leadership area? I serve as an Asst. Stake Clerk and don't have access to this area.
What are you asking about? I think you're confusing the "Ward Leaders and Organizations" area of the Directory on new.lds.org (which is what the previous post was about) with the "Leader and Clerk Resources" area (which only appears for people with certain callings, but has not been discussed in this thread).
techgy wrote:In the calendar feature I often see multiple entries when the page is loaded. If I refresh the page the duplicates disappear and I'm back to single entries as it should be.
I think what you're reporting here is what I described in this post.
techgy wrote:One suggestion. In the Resources function, it would be nice to be able to reset the default resources. The helps indicate that when a resource is checked as a Meetinghouse, that a default set of resources are loaded. If these are accidentally removed, how do you put them back aside from manually creating each one.
I think you're concerned about a non-issue here. The set of default resources for a meetinghouse location is fixed and cannot be changed, so there's no way to remove one. Those resources appear, by the way, only when you have decided not to treat a location as a single resource. All you can do with the default resources is check them on so that they appear or check them off so they don't -- they cannot be deleted. In addition to the default resources you can add any number of custom resources for a location. Those can be deleted as you wish.

FYI, the default resources for a location are:
  • Baptismal Font
  • Chapel
  • Cultural Hall
  • Kitchen
  • Chapel Overflow
  • Primary Room
  • Relief Society Room
  • Stage
  • Young Women's Room
  • Nursery Room
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Alan_Brown wrote:.....I think you're concerned about a non-issue here. The set of default resources for a meetinghouse location is fixed and cannot be changed, so there's no way to remove one. Those resources appear, by the way, only when you have decided not to treat a location as a single resource. All you can do with the default resources is check them on so that they appear or check them off so they don't -- they cannot be deleted. In addition to the default resources you can add any number of custom resources for a location. Those can be deleted as you wish.

FYI, the default resources for a location are:
  • Baptismal Font
  • Chapel
  • Cultural Hall
  • Kitchen
  • Chapel Overflow
  • Primary Room
  • Relief Society Room
  • Stage
  • Young Women's Room
  • Nursery Room
I don't know where you are seeing the above list of Default Resources, but the only resource I show under "Manage Resources" are the 4 buildings in our stake. There are no other choices possible.

When I create an event for a given date I have a choice of "Other Resource" or the 4 buildings in our stake. If I un-check the box that says "Use Entire Resource" I'm not able to enter any information about any additional resource.

Either I'm missing something or else there's another bug somewhere.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

techgy wrote:When I create an event for a given date I have a choice of "Other Resource" or the 4 buildings in our stake. If I un-check the box that says "Use Entire Resource" I'm not able to enter any information about any additional resource.
You need to edit the location. In there is an option to create resources within the location. Once in there, you see what Alan is saying. I'm pleased to find that I can individually turn those resources on/off as our Stake Center has an interesting layout: no chapel overflow (the area between the chapel and the cultural hall.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've found setting up the resources to be flaky. I click on a check box and it doesn't toggle. I save and I don't get what I had checked. I try to go back and change it, and it won't change.

This is not ready for use. :(

Return to “Main Church Website”