Can't Log into Stake/Ward site.

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

My old LUWS username and my LDS account username happen to be the same. As such, I am finding that I have to try two or three times to log in to the LUWS because the first time or two I try, it tells me that I need to use my LDS Account.

It would make sense for LUWS to check the LDS Account FIRST.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

rpyne wrote:My old LUWS username and my LDS account username happen to be the same. As such, I am finding that I have to try two or three times to log in to the LUWS because the first time or two I try, it tells me that I need to use my LDS Account.

It would make sense for LUWS to check the LDS Account FIRST.
Interesting. Perhaps it might be a good idea to change your LDS Account username to something slightly different. That would certainly avoid the confusion.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
harrysamuel-p40

Post by harrysamuel-p40 »

harrysamuel wrote:I have logged on and off my LDS account many times. I still get a message when trying to start using "My LDS Stake" on my iPhone. over and over. Have no idea other than it might take time before the main systems puts it all together with "My LDS Stake" . Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Harry
Ok, I found that by logging on to my LDS account, then my ward on the internet my iPhone would then logon and works fine. I think the problem had to do with the LDS changes and now appear to be working right. As I tried so many options I can not put my finger on the exact sequence of what worked when. Anyone having trouble should do a google search for LDS LOGON then logon to the main LDS site, then your ward web site. If you can get on those two web sites your iPhone iStake should work. It did for me. Note my LDS main, LDS forum, LDS Ward user names and passwords are all the same. Hope this helps.
tblodgett-p40

Member having to continually sign in

Post by tblodgett-p40 »

I have a member we're trying to help. She can sign in to our ward website, but whenever she tries to click on anything, like the membership directory, it bounces her out to the sign-in page again. Thoughts?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tblodgett wrote:I have a member we're trying to help. She can sign in to our ward website, but whenever she tries to click on anything, like the membership directory, it bounces her out to the sign-in page again. Thoughts?
I'll take a wild guess that she has some security/privacy settings that prevent setting a session cookie that records the fact that she's logged in.

In other words, I think it has more to do with her browser/machine then her login. You might want to test that theory.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

tblodgett wrote:I have a member we're trying to help. She can sign in to our ward website, but whenever she tries to click on anything, like the membership directory, it bounces her out to the sign-in page again. Thoughts?
Are you sure that she's actually getting signed in?
From what you are describing it almost sounds like she's not being authenticated and is then bounced back to the logon page when she attempts to access secured contents.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

techgy wrote:Are you sure that she's actually getting signed in?
From what you are describing it almost sounds like she's not being authenticated and is then bounced back to the logon page when she attempts to access secured contents.
I second this possibility, because the home landing page for any given ward or stake unit in the Church can be navigated to without actually being logged in.
tblodgett-p40

Post by tblodgett-p40 »

I'll work on the not being authenticated theory. Her husband and son are able to sign in on that machine just fine, so I don't think it's a privacy setting on the computer.
cognifloyd

Troubleshooting Privacy Settings

Post by cognifloyd »

tblodgett wrote:I'll work on the not being authenticated theory. Her husband and son are able to sign in on that machine just fine, so I don't think it's a privacy setting on the computer.
Privacy settings are set per user, not per computer. If the husband, the son, and the wife each use different user accounts on the same computer (I'm talking about the windows logon, not the username/pass to login to the website), then they will each have separate privacy settings.

There are a couple of methods to check if it is a privacy setting:
1) find the privacy settings in her browser and make sure that cookies are permitted
2) Have the husband or son login on the website, go somewhere to make sure he's actually logged in and then logout. In the same browser window, login as the wife and see if it works. Either (A) there is a privacy problem and the husband or son will not be able to see the secured pages; or (B) if one can login but the other can't then there's some problem other than privacy settings.

Hope that helps,
Jacob Floyd

PS, if you did that already or already knew about how the privacy settings worked, I apologize for repeating that information.
Kyrandita

Post by Kyrandita »

I am experiencing the same issue, at least as far as I understand it, I can log into any other website that uses LDSAccount but the old LUWS won't accept the credentials, giving me the same error, my account has been active for a long time so no problems there, and I've verified at LDSAccount.lds.org that it is working and active... another side to my problem though I've noticed is that the three main parts of new.lds.org are also screwed up for me... calendar doesn't load at all... directory only loads the background... and the map just throws an error... are you able to log into the new site or do you have that same problem as well?

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”