Remote MLS Access

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

techgy wrote:Ryan,

Can you provide a list of the callings that have access to the Leaders section of http://beta.lds.org/leaders ? I'm curious if an Asst Stake Clerk would have access to this section.
I believe the list is...
Stake President, Stake Executive Secretary, Stake Clerk
District President, District Executive Secretary, District Clerk
Bishop, Ward Executive Secretary, Ward Clerk
Branch President, Branch Executive Secretary, Branch Clerk
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

techgy wrote:I'm curious if an Asst Stake Clerk would have access to this section.

The assistant clerks and the counselors do not (yet) have access. That means, of course, that we will be the ones expected to do the training. [grin]
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:The assistant clerks and the counselors do not (yet) have access. That means, of course, that we will be the ones expected to do the training. [grin]
That's certainly true in my stake. Everyone looks to me to provide training, but I'm not much help in the Leaders area, since I can't see it.

I understand the desire to keep confidential matters confidential, but I have total access to MLS and can see anything I want to. So hiding the Leaders section from me really doesn't provide any security in my case, although I do understand that not all assistant clerks would have full MLS permissions as I do.

I know that there are some highly confidential areas in the Leaders section, but much of what is there is garden-variety clerk stuff, such as looking up members, seeing reports of prospective elders, etc. It seems like assistant clerks should be able to get into the Leaders area, but then not be able to see certain areas within that section. But locking out assistant clerks entirely does make it tough for us to help leaders with training and support.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

lajackson wrote:The assistant clerks and the counselors do not (yet) have access. That means, of course, that we will be the ones expected to do the training. [grin]
Alan_Brown wrote:... It seems like assistant clerks should be able to get into the Leaders area, but then not be able to see certain areas within that section. But locking out assistant clerks entirely does make it tough for us to help leaders with training and support.
Counselors and assistant clerks are on the list to be done. I know that they are finishing up work on a release now. After that is out I understand that they will start adding some of these additional positions. Unfortunately you will still have to be patient and or course as lajackson says do the training ;).
dcampbell

Post by dcampbell »

I am an executive secretary and I used to have access to the leader pages, but the tool no longer is on my list when I login to the beta site. There are at least half a dozen tools that used to be there that are not there any more...CDOL, Leadership, Missionary app link, etc. It appears that the beta site now goes to new.lds.org. Is the site out of beta?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

dcampbell wrote:I am an executive secretary and I used to have access to the leader pages, but the tool no longer is on my list when I login to the beta site. There are at least half a dozen tools that used to be there that are not there any more...CDOL, Leadership, Missionary app link, etc.
The tools list has been missing the links that require a specific position for a while.
dcampbell wrote:It appears that the beta site now goes to new.lds.org. Is the site out of beta?
I know parts of the site had a release this week. I think they may have added the redirect in. As far as out of beta, I would say yes, but not replacing the lds.org yet, so maybe you call it a more advanced beta.
john2822

Post by john2822 »

If you go to beta.lds.org/leader, you can still access those valuable tools.
hirsp1

Post by hirsp1 »

I think that counselors (both bishopric/branch and stake) need to be added to the list. As a counselor, I have a large number of assignments from our stake president and having access to the tools would be very beneficial.

Are they scheduled to be included?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

hirsp1 wrote:I think that counselors (both bishopric/branch and stake) need to be added to the list. As a counselor, I have a large number of assignments from our stake president and having access to the tools would be very beneficial.

Are they scheduled to be included?
Yes they are on the list. I've been told that after the coming release they are starting on councilors and assistant clerks. I don't know the order, or time frames. But it is coming.
rick.winterton

Post by rick.winterton »

I'm a stake clerk and I just get "Bad Request". I think it may not be available any longer.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”