Not printing membership records

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dalewebb

Not printing membership records

Post by dalewebb »

This Sunday I expect to receive a large number of membership records from a branch that is being folded into our ward. MLS automatically wants to print paper membership records for everyone that is new to the unit's system. I don't want to do this because I want to print the entire new unit's membership records (in alphabetical order). If I allow MLS to print the received record's membership records, I will either have to throw them away or spend hours "merging" the paper records with my existing records. Is there a way to keep MLS from printing membership records when I "receive" them?
DW
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

A best as I can remember, there's nothing to force you to print. However, I should point out that if you do print (or at least preview) you'll know if there's confidential information about that record that perhaps the Bishop should know about.

Another option is your computer may be equipped with the "CutePDF" "Printer". So you could print to PDF.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dalewebb wrote:This Sunday I expect to receive a large number of membership records from a branch that is being folded into our ward. MLS automatically wants to print paper membership records for everyone that is new to the unit's system. I don't want to do this because I want to print the entire new unit's membership records (in alphabetical order). If I allow MLS to print the received record's membership records, I will either have to throw them away or spend hours "merging" the paper records with my existing records. Is there a way to keep MLS from printing membership records when I "receive" them?
You could print them to a PDF printer (and then delete the confidential files that are produced).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”