Lesson Schedules for 2011

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
zaneclark

Lesson Schedules for 2011

Post by zaneclark »

Anyone remember when we can add the PH/RS lesson schedules for the coming year? Our RS sisters are already setting up their calendars for 2011 and have asked for this information...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:Anyone remember when we can add the PH/RS lesson schedules for the coming year? Our RS sisters are already setting up their calendars for 2011 and have asked for this information...
The schedules are available when they are available -- there are no published dates that you can plan on. But the 2010 schedules were available last year:
  • Priesthood/Relief Society on November 9 (see this post)
  • Gospel Doctrine on November 18 (see this post)
Of course, that doesn't tell you for certain what will happen this year, but if this year is like last year, it's still about a month away. Nonetheless, there's no mystery about the PH/RS lessons -- it's the last half of the Gospel Principles manual. So you can create the schedule anytime you want, even if you can't post it to LUWS until the links are made available. Our stake creates a schedule in a spreadsheet and sends it out to quorums and auxiliaries in October.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Alan_Brown wrote:The schedules are available when they are available -- there are no published dates that you can plan on. But the 2010 schedules were available last year:
  • Priesthood/Relief Society on November 9 (see this post)
  • Gospel Doctrine on November 18 (see this post)
Of course, that doesn't tell you for certain what will happen this year, but if this year is like last year, it's still about a month away. So you can create the schedule anytime you want, even if you can't post it to LUWS until the links are made available. Our stake creates a schedule in a spreadsheet and sends it out to quorums and auxiliaries in October.
I like to factor in the stake conference dates which the stake didn't set until December last year.... I guess I can make up a schedule and then make any changes online when the conference dates are set and the LUWS is ready for the 2011 schedule...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I like to factor in the stake conference dates which the stake didn't set until December last year.... I guess I can make up a schedule and then make any changes online when the conference dates are set and the LUWS is ready for the 2011 schedule...
Your stake may not have let you know about the stake conference dates until December, but your stake presidency doesn't set those dates. They are determined by President Packer's office, and I'm sure that the 2011 stake conference dates have already been communicated to your stake.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

BillyBoJimBob wrote:The 2010 Gospel Doctrine lessons are now available on LUWS. The 2011 Priesthood and Relief Society lessons will become available the first week of January 2010.
At this point, we're just a few days after the first week (okay, more than 300 days after :D), but the 2011 Priesthood and Relief Society lessons are still not posted. Last year, on this very day, the 2010 Priesthood and Relief Society lessons were posted. Does anyone know when the 2011 lesson schedules (both Priesthood/RS and Gospel Doctrine) will be available?
ShirtsDre

No official release date for lesson schedules

Post by ShirtsDre »

There isn't an official release date for the release of the lesson schedules. It comes when it comes. I have been requesting an update each week for the last four weeks and it may be arriving within this week, but I can't guarantee when it will come. It will be posted as soon as it is made available.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson
ShirtsDre

2011 Lesson Schedules are available.

Post by ShirtsDre »

The 2011 Lesson Schedules are for Gospel Doctrine and Relief Society/Priesthood are now available on LUWS.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson
pilling

Post by pilling »

BillyBoJimBob wrote:The 2011 Lesson Schedules are for Gospel Doctrine and Relief Society/Priesthood are now available on LUWS.
I just went in and listed the RS/P lessons for our stake and then the SS lessons for my ward.
It would be nice if they automatically listed the Stake & Gen Conferences in our lists from CHQ.
the Gospel Doctrine 2011 Lesson Schedule drop down list was missing the last two lesson #'s 47 + 48, for now I listed them manually.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

BillyBoJimBob wrote:The 2011 Lesson Schedules are for Gospel Doctrine and Relief Society/Priesthood are now available on LUWS.
Thanks for letting us know -- that's very helpful.

However, you might want to note that after you enter a lesson using the admin page, when you look at the lesson on the user page, the link to the lesson doesn't work. This is true not only for the 2011 lessons, but also for the 2010 lessons. And yet when I entered the 2010 lessons a year ago, I tested the links and they worked then.
ShirtsDre

Post by ShirtsDre »

actmess wrote:the Gospel Doctrine 2011 Lesson Schedule drop down list was missing the last two lesson #'s 47 + 48, for now I listed them manually.
In the New Testament lesson manual, there aren't 48 lessons, just 46. However, the "Introduction" and "Teachings of Latter-day Prophets on the Blessings of Scripture Study" sections have been added as additional lessons.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”