Standard Callings not showing in MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Standard Callings not showing in MLS

Post by lajackson »

We have MLS up and running for a new stake. As we begin to populate callings, we find that the drop down lists of standard callings appear in every area except one, Stake Presidency.

So, we are not able to enter positions such as assistant clerks, executive secretary, etc.

Is this a glitch? Which one of the data refresh options includes the standard lists of callings? Or do we just need to wait a day or two for everything to settle out?

It seems odd that all of the other standard callings are there, but these are not.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

lajackson wrote:We have MLS up and running for a new stake. As we begin to populate callings, we find that the drop down lists of standard callings appear in every area except one, Stake Presidency.

So, we are not able to enter positions such as assistant clerks, executive secretary, etc.

Is this a glitch? Which one of the data refresh options includes the standard lists of callings? Or do we just need to wait a day or two for everything to settle out?

It seems odd that all of the other standard callings are there, but these are not.
You can't just enter those callings the normal way. They are populated through the Leader and Unit Change Request process.

Mostly that is because CDOL requires more information for those leaders.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ryan jones wrote:You can't just enter those callings the normal way. They are populated through the Leader and Unit Change Request process.

Mostly that is because CDOL requires more information for those leaders.
All of them? Ok. We will start looking in that direction.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

lajackson wrote:All of them? Ok. We will start looking in that direction.
If I try to add them via the normal way for Stake Presidency I see the assistant clerks, but that is all. I haven't been able to get a new stake setup to test, so I don't know if it will work, but I'm guessing that once the stake presidency is in place you will be able to add the assistants.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ryan jones wrote:If I try to add them via the normal way for Stake Presidency I see the assistant clerks, but that is all. I haven't been able to get a new stake setup to test, so I don't know if it will work, but I'm guessing that once the stake presidency is in place you will be able to add the assistants.
The stake presidency is in place, but I have nothing at all in the drop down box in that area for any other positions. We will experiment this week, including a data refresh request, a backup, MLS reinstall, and a restore. Then we will call.

But, for now, we just have a president and two counselors.

We have also considered that, since it is a new setup, the drop down may appear soon. Other pieces of MLS that did not appear when we first set up the stake have slowly fallen into place as we have done S/Rs, and as things at the CHQ end have been set into place (CDOL, etc.). Each S/R has brought a new piece to the puzzle.

LUWS is still pending our faxing in of a request form, although that should not have any connection with the present challenge in MLS.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”