Child not printing in Primary lists

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dalewebb

Child not printing in Primary lists

Post by dalewebb »

We recently merged with another unit. One of the families has a 2-year-old daughter that is in the database (you can see her when you look at the family screen), but she does not print out in Primary lists. Any idea why?

I also have a problem with non-member heads of house (men). When I print abbreviated directory (probably other directories as well), the non-member husband prints, but the member wife does not.
Any ideas appreciated.
DW
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dalewebb wrote:We recently merged with another unit. One of the families has a 2-year-old daughter that is in the database (you can see her when you look at the family screen), but she does not print out in Primary lists. Any idea why?

I'm not sure why this would happen, but you should be able to go to that girl's Individual Record and choose Reset Organizations (see the wiki article Resetting classes. That will put her into every organization that the rules say she should be in (which is most likely only Primary for a 2-year-old girl).
dalewebb wrote:I also have a problem with non-member heads of house (men). When I print abbreviated directory (probably other directories as well), the non-member husband prints, but the member wife does not.

I'd review the steps given in the wiki article Nonmember spouse. Following those steps, I've always been able to get the families properly connected.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kisaac
Community Moderators

check child's record

Post by kisaac »

dalewebb wrote:We recently merged with another unit. One of the families has a 2-year-old daughter that is in the database (you can see her when you look at the family screen), but she does not print out in Primary lists. Any idea why?
DW
Others may know better, but I'd suspect there is an issue with the childs record, And suggest scrutinizing the record, especially the type of record and the birthdate. See "child of Record."

Is it perhaps a "temporary" or "non-member" record "linked" to the family? These can act exactly like you describe-showing up on some lists with the family, but not in organization rolls...
Information on nonmember records will not print on organization lists and rolls, unless the nonmember is explicitly added to the organization, because the organization profiles do not include nonmembers. Nonmembers will print on family type reports such as the directory of members, the telephone directory, and so forth.
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Tem ... hip_record
This could happen if something had gone amiss with the normal process of record creation:
A temporary record is created when a child is blessed and the blessing is recorded in MLS. This is done via Membership Records > Record Child Blessing. After the information is entered and saved, two things will occur:
  • A request for a membership record will be queued up to be sent to CHQ on the next Send/Receive.
  • A temporary record will be created for the child, so that the child will show up immediately on all appropriate ward lists.
Once the real record has been created by CHQ and transmitted to the ward, the temporary record will be deleted.

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Tem ... hip_record
Sending feedback via MLS message to Membership about it can also be helpful.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”