Baptisim

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Confused-p40

Baptisim

Post by Confused-p40 »

My husband and his family hid my sons baptisim from me. So much as I found out from a neighbor when they brought me over a paper to fill out for the ward newsletter. Im a non-member and my husband is a non-active member.

My main question its. Is there any paper work that both parents have to fill out?? or does an non-member not have any say in her childs life?
benjamincarleski

Post by benjamincarleski »

That sounds like a very unfortunate situation. The policy refers to getting permission from a custodial parent or legal guardian, but doesn't get very specific. Probably the best thing to do would be to contact the bishop of the ward your daughter is a member of. If you aren't familiar with who that is, you can go to maps.lds.org and enter your address to find the ward boundaries you are in. It will also then tell you the bishop's name and contact information.

He will listen and respond to your concerns, and he has the authority to help you.
Confused-p40

Post by Confused-p40 »

Thanks. I will give that a try. I just think my inlaws oversteped there bounds. (I think they signed the papers)
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

benjamincarleski wrote:...you can go to maps.lds.org and enter your address to find the ward boundaries you are in. It will also then tell you the bishop's name and contact information.
Actually she should put in her son's address, or at least her ex-husband's address. She may reside within the boundaries of another ward.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”