New Church Handbook of Instructions 2010?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
nbflint

Post by nbflint »

lajackson wrote:Based on this thread, I would now guess that stake presidents and their counselors have access to Handbook 1, along with bishops and their counselors.

I can confirm that 2nd Counselors in the Bishopric should be able to access Book 1. This is fantastic!

nbllds-p40

Post by nbllds-p40 »

dannykos wrote:I'm a Bishop - and if I paste:

https://new.lds.org/handbook/handbook-1 ... s?lang=eng

into the address bar - while signed in, it brings Book 1 up.

I am a Ward Clerk, and using this link (when logged in) I am able to access Book 1.
nbflint

Post by nbflint »

https://new.lds.org/handbook/handbook-2 ... s?lang=eng

Section 21: Selected Policies and Guidelines does not seem to be working; even when I am logged in.

williamjackson

Post by williamjackson »

nbllds wrote:I am a Ward Clerk, and using this link (when logged in) I am able to access Book 1.
I can confirm that I, as a ward clerk, have access to Handbook 1 online.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

Is there a way for the clerks to get to Book 1 without having a direct link?

How are bishops and their counselors getting to it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nimebe wrote:https://new.lds.org/handbook/handbook-2 ... s?lang=eng

Section 21: Selected Policies and Guidelines does not seem to be working; even when I am logged in.
I noticed that as well. It depends on what link you use. Remove the "and-guidelines" from the URL and it works fine. Even when logged out.

I don't know why it works that way.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mwchesley

Post by mwchesley »

I can confirm that the link to Book 1 works for a Ward Executive Secretary. At least it works for me. Thanks.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

nbllds wrote:I am a Ward Clerk, and using this link (when logged in) I am able to access Book 1.
Something must have changed since this morning because it works for me now (even the direct link didn't work for me earlier today). This is good news.
ggllbb

Post by ggllbb »

Just a statement, not a question, since it can't be answered here, nor is this a complaint.

CHI book 1 distribution does not include branch presidency councilors. Also no access on web site (at least so far).

I'm not sure why this is the case, and I'm a bit confused, since as a new branch presidency 2nd councilor (recently demoted from clerk), I am responible for all the same things a bishop's councilor is, including temple recomend and other interviews, etc. along with being backup clerk(no assistants). These things are especially important in our branch, since the president is from the stake and doesn't live within the branch boundaries (lives about 90 miles away). My goal is to serve to the best of my abilities. The more resouces I have availble, the better.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

subtlecoolness wrote:I can confirm that I, as a ward clerk, have access to Handbook 1 online.
mwchesley wrote:I can confirm that the link to Book 1 works for a Ward Executive Secretary.

And this makes sense. Even though clerks and executive secretaries share a "file" copy, they are authorized access to Handbook 1, and it appears now that the online site agrees.
nutterb wrote:Is there a way for the clerks to get to Book 1 without having a direct link?

How are bishops and their counselors getting to it?

Well, I went to Handbook 2, found a link to Handbook 1, clicked on it, then went to the Handbook 1 front page.

At that point, I bookmarked it and put it in my browser favorites. (I do have to remember to be logged in at new.lds.org for it to work, though, or I wind up at the Handbook 2 front page.

I also bookmarked the Handbook 2 front page.

Return to “General Discussions”