PVC dialing rules - open beta

Discussions about the desktop video conferencing solution provided by the Church

Moderators: MarchantRR, rodhyde

rodhyde

PVC dialing rules - open beta

Post by rodhyde »

During the beta period, the PVC directory will only include other beta
members, however you may still dial other PVC users who are using the
current production version. As part of the beta, you may also dial to
and receive calls from other video conference room systems.

To dial a PVC v1.5 user directly:
1- Identify the user's PVC extension (for CHQ employees, this matches
their 5 digit phone extension).
2- In the PVC portal "Enter name to call" field input 99 followed by
the user's extension. For example - 9928952
3- Select Call Direct to place the call.

To dial a PVC v1.5 user's meeting room:
1- Identify the user's PVC extension (for CHQ employees, this matches
their 5 digit phone extension).
2- In the PVC portal "Enter name to call" field input 99 followed by
the user's extension then *. For example - 9928952*
3- Select Join Room to place the call.

To dial a video conference room system:
1- Select a room from the PVC directory, or enter a 9 followed by the
room's video phone number.
2- Select Call Direct to place the call.

To receive a direct call from a video conference room system:
1- PVC must be running (VidyoDesktop application started or be logged
into the portal)
2- Video conference room dials 7 followed by your PVC extension. For
example - 728952

3- Answer the call in PVC.

To have a video conference room system join your PVC meeting room:
1- PVC must be running (VidyoDesktop application started or be logged
into the portal)
2- Video conference room dials 7 followed by your PVC extension then
*. For example - 728952*
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is this intended to be public? Because it is.
The link given in the announcement to get an account doesn't seem to work - at least not "out here".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rodhyde

Post by rodhyde »

It is meant to be public, however only Church workforce and ecclesiastical leaders in two pilot Stakes may register for the beta at this time.
idjeeper2

Post by idjeeper2 »

Out of curiosity, what is the end goal of this?

Will this be a way for leaders and/or other groups to video conference from their homes, or will it only be between meetinghouses and church offices?

What equipment is required?
rodhyde

Post by rodhyde »

idjeeper wrote:Out of curiosity, what is the end goal of this?

Will this be a way for leaders and/or other groups to video conference from their homes, or will it only be between meetinghouses and church offices?

What equipment is required?
Personal Video Conferencing is a solution provided by the Church for use by the international workforce. It is anticipated that the availability will be expanded to include use by ecclesiastical leaders to ease travel to attend meetings in some areas.

To use PVC requires a PC/Mac with audio and video capability (webcam, mic, speakers) and LDS Account with proper role or position credentials.
idjeeper2

Post by idjeeper2 »

Thank you. I guess it doesn't really apply to much of the U.S. for wards and stakes but could make regional meetings less burdensome and might have some application during emergencies. I'm constantly amazed at the ways the church is applying technology.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

idjeeper wrote:I guess it doesn't really apply to much of the U.S. for wards and stakes
I think leaders in the mid-west would disagree with you. They've talked about having to drive for hours one-day just to get to the stake center.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
MarchantRR
Community Moderators

Post by MarchantRR »

lockwk wrote:I follow the instruction dial 7 + my vidyo ID + *; however, it doesn’t work. Any other ways to do it?
That should work. From a Church Video conference room, you should be able to dial 7 + your vidyo ID + * to join your PVC meetingroom. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll try in when I'm in the office on Monday, and let you know if it works.
lockwk wrote:Also, in the pvctest, I am able to use control meeting function to add people and conference room to join a meeting. However under the pvcbeta, I can’t find the conference room. Is this feature disable in the pvcbeta?
Yes, pvcbeta has the control meeting option. Just click on the control meeting link at the top right, once you login to the http://pvcbeta.lds.org portal.
MarchantRR
Community Moderators

Post by MarchantRR »

lockwk wrote:Thank you for your reply. You are correct pvcbeta has the control meeting function, but it won't list the conf room equipment. In the pvctest, I can search by service center or Asia Area to find my conf room equipment. However in the beta, it is not available.

If you find it, please let me know how you do it.

We will add entries for conference room systems in the next few days.
MarchantRR
Community Moderators

Post by MarchantRR »

lockwk wrote:I follow the instruction dial 7 + my vidyo ID + *; however, it doesn’t work. Any other ways to do it?

I've tried the 7 + vidyoID + * from a conference room system and it worked properly. Will you please try this again and let me know if it still doesn't work for you.

Return to “Personal Video Conferencing”