Developer Preview Release

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
tcurtis721-p40

Would like to work on Gospel Library for WP7

Post by tcurtis721-p40 »

I am currently working for Microsoft as a user experience designer for Windows Phone 7. I would like to work on getting a new Project going for Gospel Library so we can get a working version on Windows Phone 7.

If anyone knows who to talk to in order to get this going let me know. I have very thorough knowledge of styles relating to Metro, the design style for Windows Phone 7 and I have good skills in Silverlight for Windows Phone.

Any help would be appreciated! :)
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

tcurtis721 wrote:I am currently working for Microsoft as a user experience designer for Windows Phone 7. I would like to work on getting a new Project going for Gospel Library so we can get a working version on Windows Phone 7.

If anyone knows who to talk to in order to get this going let me know. I have very thorough knowledge of styles relating to Metro, the design style for Windows Phone 7 and I have good skills in Silverlight for Windows Phone.

Any help would be appreciated! :)
Thanks for asking. We have a dedicated team working on a Windows Phone 7 version of the Gospel library. We could use help on two other Windows Phone 7 projects. Mormon Channel and LDS Tools. if you want to contribute, please visit http://tech.lds.org/volunteer.

Tom
riceboyler

Post by riceboyler »

tomw wrote:Thanks for asking. We have a dedicated team working on a Windows Phone 7 version of the Gospel library. We could use help on two other Windows Phone 7 projects. Mormon Channel and LDS Tools. if you want to contribute, please visit http://tech.lds.org/volunteer.

Tom

Tom, I'm not seeing the project for LDS Tools for WP7 anywhere out there. Can you point us to a link? Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

riceboyler wrote:Tom, I'm not seeing the project for LDS Tools for WP7 anywhere out there. Can you point us to a link? Thanks!
Try the wiki page: LDS Tools for Windows Phone.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
riceboyler

Post by riceboyler »

Alan_Brown wrote:Try the wiki page: LDS Tools for Windows Phone.

D'oh. Guess that would have made sense, huh? Thanks for the link!
georggreindl

Post by georggreindl »

Hi can you give us an update for the development for Windows Pro 6.5?

The manage library feature does not work - the + will not unfold.
this does work under 6.1...
optimom-p40

Post by optimom-p40 »

I just bought an iphone because I didn't want to wait for the LDS apps for Wphone7, but I have 30 days to change my mind. Is there any progress on a Wphone7 reader, etc?
georggreindl

Update?

Post by georggreindl »

Hello can some of the administrator just tell us whether any work is going to be put into WM 6.1. and/or 6.5. ? Thank you!
shanewalters

WM 6+ Gospel Library Development Status

Post by shanewalters »

WM 6+ (professional and standard) development is ongoing. Our biggest challenge is recruiting WM 6 developers. If anyone would like to pitch in, please feel free to PM me.

We are really close to releasing a very stable WM 6 Professional version. As soon as that is released, WM 6 Standard will be the primary focus. The core logic from the professional code base will lend itself to a quick delivery for the standard platform. In other words, WM 6 Standard will be released shortly after WM 6 Professional.
georggreindl

Post by georggreindl »

Hello, thank you for your speedy response. Unfortunately I cannot help developing, lacking the skills. I am happy to test though if you are looking for testers.

One other comment: I have noticed that the behavior is different on different devices. On one device with 6.1. pro everything seemed to work fine, on another device with 6.1 I had the same issue as with 6.5 pro (In Manage Library the + would not unfold).

Thank you for your work. I am so excited to seeing a new release!

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”