Meetinghouse Webcast Communicator audio

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
rpyne

Meetinghouse Webcast Communicator audio

Post by rpyne »

Has anyone used the Meetinghouse Webcast Communicator to send separate left and right audio channels?

In the past, using other technologies, we have broadcast our Stake Conference with English on the right channel and Spanish on the left channel. We just got the Meetinghouse Webcast Communicator (not my decision) and from my preliminary testing it appears that it only transmits mono audio.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

I dont know which version you are using, but version 2 unofficially supported stereo audio. See http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5232 (note: I haven't had a chance to try it yet, so YMMV)

Aaron Z
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

That would be nice except we are trying to use the Meetinghouse Webcast Communicator, not the Meetinghouse Webcast software.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

You are probably out of luck then.

Aaron Z
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

Well, I found a couple of ways to do it. The easiest is to use a custom bandwidth and choose 400 Kbps or higher transmission rate, those all have stereo profiles. The other option is to connect a monitor, keyboard and mouse and edit the profile you want to use, the profiles are in c:/program files/io communicator. Be sure and make a copy of the profile before editing just in case you mess it up. If you change the audio profile you will need to change the total bitrate accordingly.
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

Another note on the audio that we discovered is that if you are using a lower bandwidth audio (anything less than 44kHz), it greatly improves the audio quality if you can put an equalizer or low pass filter in the audio stream before the Webcaster and set a cutoff frequency of about 1/2 of the audio bitrate. For the 400Kbit profile, that is about 10kHz.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”