maps.lds.org Server Error

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jadams875

Lost sight of the icons

Post by jadams875 »

When I started the project of moving the households I was able to see the icons of the members (ie caution sign, orange button, etc). Then I got some error message and I can no longer see them. It makes moving much more difficult, since I have to click on the household from the directory at the left and then point to the correct house. Also, when I click on the correct house and the popup asks if it is the new location is exactly correct, I push on the done button but nothing happens. AN error message is displayed in the lower left hand corner of the browser that says:

Line: 451
Char: 23
Code: 0
URI: https://maps-api-ssl.google.com/intl/en ... pi/main.js

Has anyone else encountered this?
paulstreet

Post by paulstreet »

I get this same server error every single time I use maps.lds.org as a signed in user, it doesn't matter what computer I use or which Internet browser, they all bring up the server error when I sign in...... very frustrating as I can't view our boundaries, members or anything :(
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

paulstreet wrote:I get this same server error every single time I use maps.lds.org as a signed in user, it doesn't matter what computer I use or which Internet browser, they all bring up the server error when I sign in...... very frustrating as I can't view our boundaries, members or anything :(

I am able to use http://lds.org/maps site, including the logon, without any problems. Response is quite slow, but it doesn't generate any errors and after a few minutes members of my ward are posted on the map.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
jadams875

Post by jadams875 »

No, that doesn't seem to be the problem. I have let it sit for an hour and the icons still do not show up. Something must be wrong with my account credentials, because it does the same thing when I log in from my computer at work. I have also tried using Firefox instead of Explorer and it does the same thing.

Someone, please help!:(
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

jadams875 wrote:No, that doesn't seem to be the problem. I have let it sit for an hour and the icons still do not show up. Something must be wrong with my account credentials, because it does the same thing when I log in from my computer at work. I have also tried using Firefox instead of Explorer and it does the same thing.

Someone, please help!:(

I assume that you're using LDS account credentials and not a non-lds account?
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jadams875 wrote:Someone, please help!:(

I'd suggest calling Local Unit Support. Most of us here are just users like yourself. As such, we're largely limited to "ID-10-T" errors. ;)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kmertlich

New problem - lost functionality

Post by kmertlich »

nmecantwin73 wrote:After weeks of receiving the Server Error when clicking on a multi-household icon, today I was able to click on the two we have in our ward and DID NOT receive the error! :D It worked just exactly how it should, and I was able to do with them what I needed to do.

Yesterday, things were working much better. Several of the clerks reported they were able to complete the assignment of verify households without getting the Server Error when clicking on multi-households. This evening I am attempting to validate the amount of work completed. But, when I log on and view the maps I get this message: "Currently, additional functionality and data is available only to members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our records do not currently show that you are a member." I still have all of the functionality I had before with the calendar, leaders and clerk resources, etc...
kmertlich

Post by kmertlich »

Oops … spoke to soon. After about 30 minutes of logging out and then in a few times it is now working.
jasonhyer

stake clerk has very limited access

Post by jasonhyer »

My stake is also working on verifying addresses but I'm finding it very difficult to teach the clerks how to verify the addresses and verify the work is getting done because of how limited my access is. I am the stake clerk but when I goo to the maps site, I don't see bounbaries, I can ony view one household at a time and I can only change the location of meetinghouses. I had a member of the Stake Presidency log on and he could see all households on the map andtell if they were verified or not by the attention icon on the unverified households. Why can't I see that? Are any other Stake Clerks having Problems?

The other thing that I find odd about the logic is that the local units have the final say on where a household is. Once the ward has verified the location, it doesn't appear that the hoh can correct a mistake the ward might have made when the address was verified. They are directed to have the unit's clesk fix the problem. Seems like the hoh should be able to override the clerk on the household's location.
Jason Hyer
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jasonhyer wrote:My stake is also working on verifying addresses but I'm finding it very difficult to teach the clerks how to verify the addresses and verify the work is getting done because of how limited my access is. I am the stake clerk but when I goo to the maps site, I don't see bounbaries, I can ony view one household at a time and I can only change the location of meetinghouses. I had a member of the Stake Presidency log on and he could see all households on the map andtell if they were verified or not by the attention icon on the unverified households. Why can't I see that? Are any other Stake Clerks having Problems?

I'm an assistant stake clerk, and I can see the same information for my stake that the member of your stake presidency can see for yours. So I can't explain why you would only be able to view one household or not see boundaries. Stake-level people can't change or verify household locations by design, but you still should be able to see all the information.
jasonhyer wrote:The other thing that I find odd about the logic is that the local units have the final say on where a household is. Once the ward has verified the location, it doesn't appear that the hoh can correct a mistake the ward might have made when the address was verified. They are directed to have the unit's clesk fix the problem. Seems like the hoh should be able to override the clerk on the household's location.

I don't find that odd. There is great benefit in consistency in this effort. If you leave it up to members, some will put their marker on their house, others in the driveway, some in the middle of the street. I personally think it is good that it is left to the clerks to do this job.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”