Looking for meetinghouse HD DVR

Discussions around the satellite system and video distribution.
busman

Looking for meetinghouse HD DVR

Post by busman »

Our stake is looking to upgrade from VHS and DVD recording to DVR with DVD or flash drive write capability. We want to put it into the satellite cabinet, replacing one of the VHS. Does anyone have a suggestion on what works best?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

busman wrote:Our stake is looking to upgrade from VHS and DVD recording to DVR with DVD or flash drive write capability. We want to put it into the satellite cabinet, replacing one of the VHS. Does anyone have a suggestion on what works best?
For recording Church satellite broadcasts the recommended solution is the Western Digital TV HD Media Player. It is not a DVR but it is a solution for recording directly to a USB memory device. The information is found at the wiki article Viewing Church broadcasts using USB drives.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:For recording Church satellite broadcasts the recommended solution is the Western Digital TV HD Media Player. It is not a DVR but it is a solution for recording directly to a USB memory device. The information is found at the wiki article Viewing Church broadcasts using USB drives.

The problem is, it doesn't record.

I went to our FM Group and got a DVD recorder. It's difficult to find DVD/DVR units anymore. Panasonic used to make one. I personally own a Polorid (died in warranty - replacement also died).

I'll be interested in what you find. But for now, I'm sticking with direct to DVD. I just set the clock to 5 seconds fast according to WWV.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:The problem is, it doesn't record.
Thanks for pointing that out. I misread "download" and in my zeal thought of record.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:Thanks for pointing that out. I misread "download" and in my zeal thought of record.

And I was hoping I was wrong about it not having record ability. From a reliability standpoint, recording to flash drive should be better.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Satellite”